21

Emma woke up the next morning. It was very early and Emma barely slept last night. She faced the ceiling and just thought about the day she was going to face. The silence in the house was unusual. Logan always made noise when he was awake. Emma sat up quickly as she felt worried. Across her alarm clock read 5:46. That's why it was quiet. He wasn't awake. She took her phone and decided to messaged Regina now.

Emma: hey. Can we talk about yesterday? Come by my house and I'll tell you how I have my son. I'll tell you everything xxx

Regina: there's more? X

Emma: Wait why are you awake? X

Regina: I've barely slept. My mind has been going crazy. Why are you awake? X

Emma: couldn't sleep either. Will you come? X

Regina: Yes. I'll come midday. Where do you live? Xx

Emma hesitate before finally sending Regina her address. She then saw her bedroom door open. A tired Logan came in rubbing his eyes.

"Morning mummy" he says before yawning.

"Morning sweetie. Come lie with mummy" she says patting the side of her bed.

Logan climbed into bed and cuddled up to his mum. Emma held her son close as she feared the world around them.

"Mummy? Why don't I have a dad" he asked.

"Because your dad left. He wasn't a good man so he had to be taken somewhere for bad people to go" Emma replied since she didn't want him knowing the full truth.

"So why did you have me? Don't mummy's and daddy's who only love each other have a baby" he asked curiously as he looked to Emma.

"Not always. When your older you'll understand what happened between us but for now just know that I love you and so does uncle Kieran"

"I love you too mummy. Are we staying here or do we have to move again? I like it here" he cheerfully asked.

"I like it too. I am trying to make sure we stay. You remember mummy has lots of secrets and things that we keep hidden so I'll try keeping us here because I love it here and I love some people here" Emma says smiling softly.

"Is that your girlfriend" he asked with a smile.

"How do you know about that noisy" Emma asked with a laugh.

"I heard you talking to Kieran the other day about you going on a date with Regina" he cheekily giggled.

"Is that so? Sneaky little one. Yes I have a girlfriend named Regina. You get to meet her today in fact" Emma says as she chuckled with her son.

"Yay! Is she pretty" he asked sweetly.

"Very" Emma replied.

"Is she kind"

"Unless anyone gives her a reason too not like you then she is a lovely woman"

"Why do you have a girlfriend? Why not a boyfriend like other girls" he asked curiously.

"Because I'm what people call a lesbian" she replied before realising what she said.

"What's a lesbian"

"I knew you were going to ask that. A lesbian is someone a girl who prefers to date other girls"

"I prefer to date girls. Am I a lesbian" he asked a little confused.

"No your a boy. It's only a girl who likes another girl in more than a friend way. If you like a girl that makes you straight but if you were to date a boy you'd be gay" she explained to him softly.

"So because I like girls I'm straight" he asked confused.

"Yes. But your not allowed to date any girls yet. Your 5 and your my little man" she laughed.

"I don't want one anyway. I want to date anyone. I'm a solo dude" he says before laughing.

"And you better stay that way. I'll remember you saying this when your 15 and want to have sex" Emma says laughing to herself.

"What's sex" he asked.

"Here we go" she sighed slapping her head.