30

Logan walked into Emma's room after waking kieran up. He saw she wasn't there and the bed was made. He was about to leave when Kieran came over. He looked confused to see she wasn't there.

"Where's mummy" Logan asked.

"She probably just stepped out. Go on down and I'll come make you breakfast" Kieran says as he saw the notes.

Logan ran down stairs and to the kitchen. Kieran went to the bed and saw the names on the letters. He knew instantly what they meant. He grabbed the one saying his name and unfolded it fast. He read the message Emma left.

Kieran,
Your smart so you probably figured out what I've done already. I've left with Jane. She picked me up last night. I chose to do this the easy way and let you and Logan live. I'm sorry. I know you didn't want this but please stay here. Logan loves his school and loves it here. I love you my twin brother and I beg of you to give Logan the life he deserves. I know you will. Jane and Micheal will probably kill me. Report it and find my body. I left my phone for a reason so you can't find me and get hurt. Send them back to jail please. I love you and tell Logan I love him so much.
Goodbye my loves... -Emma xx

Kieran looked shocked. He couldn't believe Emma actually did that. He looked down and saw the other two names.

"God dammit Emma. What did you do" he asked himself still shocked.

He saw on the pillow was Emma's phone. He grabbed it and unlocked it. Her phone was so easy for him to get into since the password was Logan's birthday. He went to her contacts and found Regina's name. He clicked on it and let it ring.

"What" Regina snapped as she answered the phone.

"Hello to you too. This is kieran. Emma's brother" he says a little shocked at what she said.

"Ow I'm so sorry. It's very early and I didn't want to speak to Emma. What can I help you with" she asked softly to the man she was just rude at.

"We need to talk. How fast can you get here" he asked quickly.

"I can't. I have work today. I'm sorry but I can't not show up to work because you probably want to talk about what happened between me and Emma" Regina sighed as she finished doing her hair for work.

"That's not it. Regina I need you here now. I know we haven't met before and it's a bit demanding I'm asking you to come but you need to. Emma's gone" Kieran sternly says worried.

"I know she's gone. She told me she is leaving tow"

"No not that gone! She's with Micheal and Jane" Kieran cuts in quickly.

"Ow my god... ok fine. I'm on my way now. I'll call in sick" Regina says as she stood up quickly.

"Thanks" Kieran says before hanging up.

He was about to turn the phone off when he saw an unknown number and under neither a message reading I'm outside. If you take too long then I'll come and get you. He clicked on the number and read the messages. He figured out it must be Jane or Micheal.

"That's it! I can find her. That's what's in Emma's note" he says figuring it out.

"What note" Logan asked in the doorway.

"Ow nothing to worry about. Let's go downstairs and make you breakfast. We're not leaving now" Kieran says fake smiling at his nephew.

Logan was smart for his age. He noticed the fake smile but didn't want to say anything. Kieran held his hand and they went downstairs. While making breakfast the door knocked.

"Thats Regina. Can you go let her in please" Kieran asked as he poured milk into the bowl of cereal.

Logan ran to the door when he heard Regina's name. He pulled it open and saw her stood looking worried. When Regina saw him she smiled so he didn't get worried.

"Regina" the 5 year old boy called out.

"Hi little man. It's good to see you again" she smiled brightly while hugging him.

Logan led the way to the kitchen. Kieran looked at her and they both shared a look of worry and fear. Logan knew something was wrong and knew his mum was somewhere close.

"It's good your here Regina. I'm going to take Logan to school and then we need to talk" Kieran says with a serious face full of fear.