Chapter Eighty Five

"Uh-hum" Sin cleared his throat and as soon as he did that, my eyes snap up to him and I see him looking at me with a smirk on his face.

I mouthed 'i hate you' before putting on a forced smile on my lips and turning my head to Lex, who just asked me how was my sleep last night.

"Uhm it was good" I lied, grabbed the fork and start to dig in with the food on my plate.

"That's nice to hear" Lex replies,giving me a smile.

I cursed at myself when the dream came flashing back. I see Amara, looking at me weirdly. Of course she knows something's off with me today. I haven't even throw a glance at her since we walk in the kitchen.

"Have you thought about enrolling at Park Valley High?" Amara asked and I almost choke on my food. Damn that dream! And damn Sin!

"We haven't really discussed that yet" Sin joins in. Annoyance laced his tone. I wouldn't blame him. I shouldn't have mention it to Amara yet and let him decide first whether I should go or not.

"It's a great school" Lex says.

"It's a very big school. And It's reall..." Amara's voice sounds excited but soon faded when Sin glares at her.

"T-that sounds great..but yeah, we both need to talk about it first" I said, I saw Amara sigh and focus her eyes on the food.

"I'm sure my brother would agree to that" Lex says with a hint of sarcasm.

Sin drops his fork and looks at Lex with disappointment. While Lex tries to hide his smirk.

I didn't know whether to speak or not to cut off the awkwardness around us.  I chose the later. I wouldn't want to piss Sin any more than he already is.

"So, do you both have plans for today?" I asked Lex to drop the old topic. And since it's already the weekend and he just got home.

"We'll be going downtown. I'm gonna buy Amara some stuff for school. You wanna join us?" Lex asks.

"No" Sin answers and my eyes snap to him.

"Let her answer, dear brother" Lex's jaw clenched so tight. I saw Amara's hand move to Lex's arm to try and calm him.

"She doesn't need to" Sin states firmly. I gulped so hard before trying to speak up.

"Probably next time Lex, thanks for asking" I smile at him but Lex just shook his head in disbelief.

"There's no next time. You're gonna stay here because--" Sin says but Lex cut him off.

"Because you say so? Why are turning everyone as your puppet? Maya is a smart girl. She wouldn't do anything to harm herself" Lex says and I appreciate him standing up for me but this is not the right time for him to argue with Sin.

Sin's like a ticking bomb. You don't know when or where he's gonna explode. I'm not afraid of the outcome  from the argument with his own brother. He wouldn't do anything to him. But I guess I'm wrong.

"You don't speak to me like that you fucking bastard," Sin says and I gasped.I wanted to punch Sin in the face for saying that.

"Sin, stop" I say but his eyes are burning a hole at his brothers face.

"No wonder our father hates you" Lex says and I was stunned. He soon left the table with Amara trailing behind her. Sin doesn't seem affected but I know deep inside those words cut him deep. He snorts and let go of the utensils.

"Sin--" I reach out to him but he stood up.

"Shut up" He says, not looking at me.

"Excuse me?" I can't believe he just told me that.