Chapter Seventeen

Stars - Sam Airey

**Strong Sexual Content**

Maya's POV

"I don't want to share the same bed as you!" I yelled at Jax Carlisle, the embodiment of true evil. He acted as if he had no part in the deaths of my parents. Not a shred of remorse showed on his face. He'd forced me to live in his house until Sin handed over what he wanted: the damn videotape.

Weeks had come and gone, and I still hadn't heard any news about it. I had no idea how much longer I could maintain my sanity while trapped in this house with my enemy.

I counted myself lucky that Jax Carlisle was often occupied and rarely at home. When he was home, he confined himself to his office, sipping on drinks. I, on the other hand, locked myself in the room opposite his, which was preferable because it meant I didn't have to see that bastard.

But now, he'd had far too much to drink and was pounding on my door, insisting that I open it so he could sleep beside me. He was acting like a spoiled child.

What the hell was wrong with this man?

"Why? I won't do anything to you. I kept my word to that asshole," he slurred, referring to Sin. Jax was obviously drunk, and it was clear in his voice.

This was the first time he'd pulled such a stunt, and it seemed like he had no intention of giving up. I had a feeling this wouldn't end well.

"Because I absolutely despise you!" I yelled out, perched on the edge of the bed, clad in nothing but his oversized t-shirt, the very one he'd given me. I had been on the verge of falling asleep when he chose to irritate me.

"If you don't open this door right now, then I'll do it myself!" he retorted. I heard his footsteps receding.

Crap. I cursed at my choice of attire. All I had on was the t-shirt since he'd kept me as a hostage in this damn house and hadn't bothered to provide me with any proper clothing. He'd insisted that I looked better in his clothes. He was such a jerk.

After a while, he returned, and I could hear the key turning in the doorknob. The door swung open and then slammed shut again. Jax's face still bore traces of anger, but it softened when he saw me.

"You look rather fetching in my shirt," he smirked, though he was teetering on the brink of falling over.

"You're drunk. What do you want now?" I asked, my irritation growing.

"I want to sleep," he slurred, his expression resembling that of an irate child. I didn't want to admit it, but he did look good when he flashed his teeth and dimples.

"You have your own room and bed, for goodness' sake, Jax!" I chided him. His level of drunkenness was bordering on the unbelievable.

Here he was in my room, struggling to stay upright. His eyes roamed over me from head to toe. But I knew for a fact he wouldn't force himself on me because if he'd wanted to, he would've done so already.

"That bastard is fortunate to have a beautiful young woman like you around him. It only makes me despise him even more," he mumbled, approaching me. He was about to collide with the table, so instinctively, I got up and grabbed his arm just before he could fall, helping him onto the bed.

"Stay put. I'll get you some water," I snapped. I didn't know what had come over me to make me assist my enemy in sobering up.

You haven't forgiven this jerk, Maya. I reminded myself when thoughts of what he'd done to my family resurfaced.