Chapter Sixteen

Ricochet - Haux

**Strong sexual content**

I spent the day in my office, drowning myself in alcohol while doing my best to avoid everyone. I knew they'd just bring more bad news, and I was afraid I might lose control and lash out at someone today.

Another day had gone by, and we were still no closer to finding that damn videotape. My frustration was growing by the minute, and I absolutely loathed this feeling, so I chose to numb myself with alcohol.

I'd also been ignoring calls from my clients for the past few days, and it was clear they were getting seriously pissed off. But honestly, I couldn't care less.

"Baby, you're drinking again," Anastasia walked into the room and sat on my lap.

I knew she was only here for one thing—she didn't give a damn about what was happening, especially with Maya. She despised her.

"What do you want?" I asked, annoyed.

"Hmm... You know exactly what I want, baby," Anastasia purred, trying to tease me. Her hands went down to my pants, attempting to unbutton them and free my now erect member. I didn't resist, as the alcohol was starting to affect me.

I couldn't help how my body reacted when she did this. I gripped her neck firmly, and she began to choke. She enjoyed it when I did that to her.

"I've missed your... you know," she said, looking incredibly aroused. She got off me and knelt down, starting to play with my member, licking and sucking it. I was completely lost in the moment.

"Damn," I gasped, my breath growing hoarse. I couldn't resist any longer. Drunk and incredibly horny, I needed release.

"Oh, baby, please... fuck me," she begged, her eyes locked on mine as she continued her oral ministrations. There was one thing this woman was undoubtedly skilled at: giving head.

I tugged her fiery red hair roughly, making her wince in pain. Once she was standing, I pushed her onto the table, her back colliding with the desk. I didn't bother removing her dress, as it appeared she wasn't wearing one anyway.

She looked at me with intense desire, clearly impatient to have me inside her. I smirked, noticing how she couldn't wait any longer, and I began undressing her.

"You're an impatient, good-for-nothing whore," I spat out, lifting her legs and thrusting into her.

"Oh God! Harder!" Anastasia screamed intermittently as I pounded her relentlessly. I could tell she was close to climax, and so was I. But just as I was about to release, the phone rang.

"OH, DAMN IT!" I growled in frustration.

I picked up the phone next to the desk to answer it, while Anastasia continued to stroke my member. But all I could hear on the other end was someone crying, and my heart raced when the line cleared, revealing the sobbing voice.

"S-Sin," the voice trembled amidst the sobs, a voice I had longed to hear in my bed for the past few weeks. I quickly composed myself and signaled for Anastasia to leave, but she refused to budge and instead decided to speak.

"But, baby, I'm not done yet. Fuck me again," she shamelessly suggested, and I was sure she heard the voice on the other line when I heard her gasp.

My face contorted with anger at Anastasia, and I saw her flinch in fear before she hurriedly left the room.

"Maya—" I started to speak, but she cut me off.

"I knew it. I should never have trusted you," she said, and the line went dead.

I threw the phone across the room, and it smashed against the wall. Her voice had sounded hurt and in so much pain, and it was all my fault, yet again. I felt deeply affected by this.

"FUCK!!!" I seethed with anger, grabbing the gun from the drawer, and aimed shots into the woods. Then I heard the door slam open and in stormed Hunter. I pointed the gun at him, my chest heaving heavily, my face flushed with anger.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, chill the hell out, man!" he yelled, raising his hands in a placating gesture.

"Whoa, boss, you seriously need to calm down!" Carlos entered the office and took the same stance as Hunter. They both knew better than to try and stop me at this point, so they just remained quiet, letting me cool off.

I reluctantly lowered the gun and ran my hands through my hair in sheer frustration and anger. After about ten minutes, I managed to regain some composure and sat down on the desk, my head hanging low.

"Carlos found something near where Caldwell's body was dumped," Hunter began. I snapped my head up, inhaling deeply, signaling for them to continue.

"That's right, and I found this," Carlos said, walking over to me and handing me a woman's single white pearl earring with a bloodstain that had turned dark brown.

"It must've slipped from the woman's ear when she struggled with Caldwell before slitting his throat," Carlos explained carefully, waiting for my reaction.

"The traitor is a damn woman, Sin. This is unbelievable," Hunter ground his teeth, mirroring my disbelief. It was hard to fathom that the traitor could be a woman who had slipped under our radar.

"The only one who comes to mind is Anastasia, but I can't jump to conclusions just yet. We need to tread carefully with this," I said, realizing the gravity of the situation.

"Have you told anyone else about this?" I asked Carlos, who shook his head.

"No, just you and Hunter here, boss," Carlos replied.

"Good. Hunter, instruct three of our men to search the houses down the hill and look for the earring's pair. They can only do this if everyone is in the farm. Warn them not to breathe a word about it, or they're dead," I ordered, and Hunter nodded, swiftly carrying out my instructions.

While I was coordinating with my men on the plan to find the killer, my cellphone rang. I retrieved it from my pants and answered the call.

"That damn woman escaped!" Jax's furious voice echoed from the other end, worsening my mood.

"You goddamn bastard! What did you do to her? I swear I'll kill you!" I shouted vehemently at him.

"She tried to kill me and managed to escape! If I find out you're hiding her, Sin Woods, I won't hesitate to blow up your place anytime!" Jax retorted.

"F**k you—" I began, but he had already hung up. I roared in frustration, a sound that reverberated throughout the mansion.

"What the hell did that son of a bitch do to her?" Hunter growled dangerously, storming over to me.

"She's escaped," I spat out, disliking his reaction to the news. I instantly felt a possessive urge to protect her, though I couldn't quite understand why.

"We need to find Maya before he gets to her," Hunter responded harshly. I shot him a quick, intense look the moment he said her name, and I didn't like it.

"You stay here, and I'll find her," I declared, clenching my jaw to prevent myself from pounding my second-in-command senseless.

"Fine," he conceded and exited the room.

I retrieved my leather jacket from the chair and grabbed my gun from the table. Finding the keys to my large bike, I left the room, drove out of the mansion, and onto the road, determined to locate her. I couldn't let her slip away again, and this time, it was different; I was genuinely concerned for her safety. Various questions swirled in my mind, and I dreaded the thought of anything bad happening to her. I had never wanted to hurt her. Now that she was gone, I feared I might never find her again.

Anastasia had complicated the situation, but I also blamed myself. I had asked Maya to trust me, and the next thing she witnessed was me having sex with Anastasia in my office. She probably thought I didn't give a damn about the situation.

If only I had resisted Anastasia's teasing, Maya might have told me her whereabouts, and I could have picked her up.

I knew the first place she would likely go was her old apartment, so that's where I headed. I had no intention of resting until I found her. I just prayed that I wasn't too late.