Chapter 22: Unity Day Pardon

ELARA
♾♾♾♾♾

The guns that are slung across my shoulder were heavy. I keep having to adjust them, switch them back and forth from shoulder to shoulder.

We left Dax's body back there. It was no use in bringing it back since he betrayed us.

Taking a life was something I couldn't see myself doing. But here I was, with Dax's blood on my hands - figuratively and physically.

Most of our walk was silent. Bellamy knee I didn't want to speak of what happened. Occasionally he'd look my way, wanting to say something. But he knew better.

Once we reach camp, everyone crowds around to see what we've brought back.

As we explain that these guns are not toys, I can't help but think about Dax more.

"We will distribute the guns in the morning. But only to those who I know will take it seriously," Bellamy states.

After that the crowd separates and everyone heads off to bed for the night. Bellamy turns to me and notices that I look like I'm in another world.

"Wanna talk about it?"

I shake my head and walk away into the drop ship. Clarke and Finn both try to speak to me about bringing guns back to camp, but I wave them off and make myself comfortable in a small corner. I shut my eyes only to be taken away into a dark and bloody dreamland.

♾♾♾

"Elara! Elara, wake up!"

My eyes snap open.

Rory stands above me looking frightened. For a moment, I wonder if he had been inside my head. Living the same dream I had been living.

I sit up and rub my eyes. They were caked with tiredness as I looked at Rory. "What's going on, is everything alright?"

"Octavia came and got me. Said you were screaming in your sleep," He searches my eyes for any type of answer.

He was close to me. So close our noses were almost touching. I sit myself up more and put some space between us. "Just a bad dream," I tell him truthfully. I don't tell him anymore than that though.

I push the images of Dax's body in my dream away as I stand up. I stretch my arms above my head and let out a yawn.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Rory asks once more.

I pass him a fake tight lipped smile. "Yeah, of course."

My aching body works it's way outside. Everyone was gathered around the small screen which displayed Chancellor Jaha.

"Happy unity day," I look over my shoulder at Bellamy who looks as if he just rolled out of bed as well. He places his hands on his hips as he stares at the screen.

"You ready to talk to him?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "No,"

On our way back from the depot we didn't speak. I was in too much shock to. But the one thing was able to push out of my mouth was the fact that Bellamy had to tell Jaha why he shot him. Bellamy of course refused, but I told him my plan and he eventually agreed.

I place a hand on his shoulder, "I'll be there with you every step of the way, okay?"

"What if he doesn't accept the deal?" Bellamy looks away from the screen and locks his eyes with mine. "What if. . . I'm dead already?"

"He's gonna follow through, Bellamy. He's the Chancellor,"

Bellamy looks back at the screen just as Jaha cuts off.

"Come on," I tell him and take his hand.

♾♾♾

"So you see, because of Bellamy most of us are still alive. We wouldn't have been able to make it this far without him. I trust him. We all do,"

Jaha looks at us for a moment before clearing his throat. "Alright," he pauses, "Bellamy Blake, you are pardon of your crimes."

A smile edges onto my face as relief falls on Bellamy's.

"Now tell me," Jaha speaks again. "Who on the Ark wants me dead?"

Bellamy shifts a glance over to me and I nod for him to share. He clears his throat, ". . .Commander Shumway, sir."

Jaha sits back in his seat. His eyes darken. "Thank you— both of you,"

After signing off with Jaha, Bellamy and I make our way back outside.

"I can't believe your plan worked," Bellamy gushes. His eyes cast over my sweaty face and sly smile. "Thank you," he says.

"I meant what I said back there,"

He quirks an eyebrow up at me. "Really?"

I shrug smugly and walk past him saying, "Yeah, you know, I can be a good person every now and then."

His chuckle is like the sun. It's warm and gives me a sense of calmness. I look back over my shoulder at him. I never noticed how his brown eyes shine like gold in the sunlight. Just like his laugh, they were filled with comfort and warmth. I hadn't really seen Bellamy smile before, I mean like a full toothy grin. This was nice. It was different from our usual spats and confrontations.

This is the Bellamy that I hope stays around and not that selfish prick who came down here with us.

Or maybe that was just a ploy. Maybe this is the real Bellamy and he was just hiding it because deep down he was just as scared as the rest of us.

[A/N:

Aahhhh! Sorry for the long wait on this chapter. It was really short and kinda scrappy. Meh. Anyways I hope you all liked it.

With all that has been said,

Please don't forget to like and subscribe and hit that notification bell.....amy

Ha see what I did there?

But for real, don't forget to give this chapter a vote and leave me some comments. I wanna know what you're all thinking:)

Damnselnotindistress]