Chapter 2: Beautiful But Dangerous

ELARA
♾♾♾♾♾

A blonde girl push past me as she narrowed her eyes at Octavia's brother. "The air could be toxic!" She says.

"If the airs toxic then we're already dead." He shakes his head and turns to the lever to open the dropship door. He hesitates for a moment.

The room was filled with anticipation as each prisoner watched the boy carefully.

He pulled the lever.

The door let out a hiss as it opened. A blinding light lit up the lower level of the ship and I squinted. Octavia took in a breath of the cool air. My eyes adjusted to the light and I looked around.

There was green everywhere. Tall trees surrounded the dropship and I was taken back by its beauty.

Octavia carefully walked down the ramp and stopped for a moment before jumping down on to the ground. She looked around for a short moment before throwing her arms up and screaming, "We're back bitches!"

My lips parted into a smile and just like everyone else, I ran down the ramp. When my feet touched the ground, my boots became soaked with morning dew. I breathed in the fresh air. My eyes closed and my smile grew wider. I opened my eyes and watched as the other prisoners explored their new surroundings. We were free. We were truly free.

I walked back over to the dropship where Wells Jaha sat. I eyed him for a moment before the blonde girl from before walked over to him. She set down a map and studied it.

I looked over her shoulder. "What's the map for?" I ask.

She glances at Wells then looks over at me. "Mount Weather. It's about a day out from here," I nod slowly.

"Well then, I guess we better get going." I place my hands on my hips with a sly smirk.

"Yeah?" She raises an eyebrow up suspiciously.

"We don't wanna die out here now do we?"

There's a long pause between us, then she sticks out her hand saying, "I'm Clarke." I shake it.

"Elara,"

"We should get moving if we want to make it there before dark," Chancellor Jaha's son speaks. Clarke nods.

"No ones going anywhere."

Our heads snap in Bellamy Blake's direction.

"You heard my fathers message. If we don't leave now we're only going to get hungrier. Mt. Weather has what we need to survive," Wells says to not only Bellamy but every other delinquent around us as well.

"Don't listen to him," Bellamy starts, "we can survive on our own. We're stronger than the Ark thinks- smarter. You aren't in charge here chancellor- "

"Come on man, do you honestly think we care who's in charge? I just don't want to starve to death," I say. "Wells is right though, we can't hunt- "

"What do you know?" Bellamy challenges.

There's a long silence that hangs over the crowd surrounding us.

"I say we let the privileged do the hard work for once, am I right?"

"Yeah!" The delinquents shout.

Bellamy smirks, knowing he has them all wrapped around his finger. He turns on his heels and walks back towards the drop ship with his sister following close behind.

Once the crowd disperses, I turn back to Wells and Clarke. My hands rest on my hips as I let out a small sigh.

"What now?" I ask.

"Chancellor," Clarke and I watch as Wells is knocked to the ground. A guy who's name is John Murphy steps into view. His minions behind him.

"Murphy, what the hell?" I try to step between him and Wells but he only pushes me out of the way.

"Ya know, your father killed mine when he floated him for no reason." Murphy says getting closer.

A guy jumps from the drop ships roof and lands on his feet in front of the psychotic 17 year old.

"Kids only got one leg, why not wait till it's a fair fight," he says to Murphy.

John Murphy runs a hand through his hair and shakes his head. "Watch your back Chancellor,"

I send Murphy a glare as him and his goons walk past us. "What a dick,"

"Thanks, Finn." Clarke says as they both help Wells up.

"We can't stay here any longer. The more hours that pass of us not having food that angry and violence is only going to get worse." Finn says.

"He's right," I look back at a few delinquents who shove each other and not in a playful manner.

"Then we need to moving." Wells tried to stand but Clarke shakes her head.

"No, you need to stay here. Plus you'll only slow us down," There's a harsh glint her eye eyes but she looks away.

"How are you three going to carry enough food for a hundred people?"

Finn scratches his chin for a moment then looks behind him. He grabs two guys and says, "You five," He corrects Wells with a proud smile.

"Sounds like a party make it six." Octavia Blake walks up to us with her dick of a brother not too far behind.

"Octavia- " he warns.

"Well alright then, let's a get a move on," I say smiling at our small group.

Clarke nods. Her, Finn and the other two guys start on their way while I hang back waiting for Octavia. Her and her brother exchange a few words before she kisses him on the cheek and rushes off with the others. Bellamy locks eyes with mine and stare at him for a moment, daring for him to say something. When he doesn't, I turn around and follow the others through the beautiful forest that surrounded us.

I never knew earth was this beautiful. . .but I also never knew just how dangerous it was going to turn out to be.