Chapter 11: Someone Must Pay

ELARA
♾♾♾♾♾

Walking out from Bellamy's tent, we're met with a fuming John Murphy.

"Where's the girl, Bellamy?"

Bellamy shakes his head, "This is crazy, are you seriously considering killing a little girl?"

"No one else seemed to mind the idea when it was me- but no, no, let's let the real murderer live!" Murphy was practically foaming at the mouth. His teeth gritted with every word he seethed out.

"Can't we just talk about this for one second-?" I try but Murphy cuts me short.

"Clarke wants justice for her boyfriends death? Fine! Bring the girl out and we'll get her justice."

Murphy takes a stride towards Bellamy's tent. I step in front of him, placing a hand on his chest. In a low voice I say, "Murphy, walk away."

His nostrils flare as he looks down at me. "Okay. . ." Murphy backs up, "fine."

I watch as he turns around for a moment, breathing heavily. And just like that, I'm shoved to the side. For the second time today I am knocked from my feet. My hands dig into the dirt beneath me.

"Murphy what the hell?!?" I hear Octavia's voice shout.

I stand back up and face him. In this short moment, no one moved. It was as if someone hit the pause button on a remote.

Bellamy's eyes shift to Octavia who stood behind Murphy. I followed his gaze to the tree branch in Octavia's hands.

With one quick swing, Octavia knocks Murphy to the ground. He lets out a muffled curse and that's when Octavia shouts to Bellamy and I. "Go! Get out of here!"

Bellamy grabs my wrist and pulls us into the darkness of the woods.

♾♾♾

"Elara, we have to keep moving." Bellamy looks over his shoulder. The light from Murphy's torches was faint, still far away.

"We have no idea where Clarke and Finn took Charlotte. Murphy won't be able to find them if we can't either," I say slowing my pace a bit.

Bellamy turns around to face me, taking both of my shoulders in his hands. "But Murphy isn't too far behind us,"

I catch onto what he's saying and sigh. "Well we can't run forever. Sooner or later we'll have to face Murphy,"

"If he can't get his hands in Charlotte, who else do you think he's gonna want dead? The person who kicked that log out from under him."

"Bellamy,"

He doesn't say anything. He takes his hands off my shoulders and keeps walking.

"There's gotta be something we can do," I suggest.

"There isn't. Not right now,"

We walk for awhile before stopping to take a break. I sit my back against a tree stump and look up into the night sky. I focus my sight on the familiar blinking star and watch as it slowly moves.