Chapter 9: More Graves And Failed Signals

ELARA
♾♾♾♾♾

Clarke shakes her head clearly frustrated. "Just when things were better between us. . ." I keep my eyes trained on the unmarked grave as she trails off of her thought. A sigh escapes her lips. "He let me hate him. . .so that I wouldn't hate my own mother for getting my father floated,"

I stay silent.

Clarke scratches her head. The tears are visible in her eyes but she holds them back, afraid to let anyone see her break down.

Without another word, Clarke turns away from Wells's grave. I glance over and watch as she hesitates before walking back into camp.

I'm left alone staring at the four graves in the ground.

"You alright?" I hear a familiar voice ask. Already knowing it was Bellamy, I don't look up. I can feel his eyes burning a hole in the back of my head. "Come on, lets get you inside."

"Four graves, Bellamy." He walks up next me, his shoulder brushing against mine. "How many more are we going to have to put out here?" I look over at him.

Bellamy bites his bottom lip before answering truthfully, "I don't know,"

His eyes lock with mine. I shake my head slowly. "I don't wanna die,"

Bellamy's eyes soften and he turns his whole body to me.

"Do you hear me?" I ask. "I don't wanna die out here,"

"You won't," His words catch me off guard, "I'm not gonna let that happen."

He turns back to the graves as a silence creeps over us.

For a while we just stood there, each other's company keeping our broken pieces together. I could feel the warmth of his skin radiating into mine. We were standing so close our hands were touching. I oddly didn't mind his close proximity. It made me feel comforted.

Though he's still a total ass.

"We should really get inside and figure out this whole grounder situation," Bellamy says, finally breaking the silence.

"Yeah. . .okay,"

♾♾♾

"Clarke what're you doing?" I ask walking into the drop ship. She was rubbing her wrist which no longer was cuffed by a wrist band.

"The only way Monty can reach the ark is through one of these,"

"Shouldn't it be worth the risk?" I turn my attention to a standing Jasper.

I was so happy that he was feeling better now. Just yesterday morning he couldn't even keep his eyes open, let alone stand.

I bite my bottom lip as Finn walks in, sharing the same expression as myself. His face fills with hurt and anger as he watches Monty charge up Clarke's wrist band.

Monty steps aside and beckons for us to come over. Octavia is the first to rush over followed by Jasper.

"Wanna do the honors?" Monty hands the switch to his best friend.