Chapter 12: Set Of Rules

ELARA
♾♾♾♾♾

Everyone was frozen in this moment. No one was expecting Charlotte to do what she had just done.

I feel Finn's hands place themselves on my arms as he moves me to the side. I watch as he steps past me makes his way over to Murphy who stood with his mouth hanging open. He was just as shocked as the rest of us.

When Finn finally reached him, he swung his arm forward and punched Murphy square in the jaw.

He staggers back clutching his now bruised face.

Clarke and Bellamy turn around and pull Finn away.

"Stop! Just stop it!" Clarke cries. "We can't keep doing this!"

I bite my lip, "She's right," Everyone draws their attention to me. "What just happened, shouldn't have happened. Yes, Clarke shouldn't have called Murphy out without more information. No one should have stung Murphy up without a second thought. And we shouldn't have let things get this far out of hand to the point where Charlotte-" I stop myself short. I take in a shaky breath and continue, "We can't keep doing whatever the hell we want," I look at Bellamy, "We need rules. We need to do something to insure that things like this," I gesture around us all, "don't happen again."

"What are you saying we do then?" Bellamy asks.

I glance over at Murphy. "We banish him. . ."

"What?"

"It has to start somewhere, with someone. Murphy, you tried to kill us and Charlotte-"

Murphy cuts me off, "Are you kidding? Everyone back at camp tried to kill me!"

"I'm aware," I state, "but like I said; it has to start somewhere." I look at Bellamy for approval.

He clears he throat and looks down for a moment before saying, "She's right. Murphy you're banished. Anyone else who wants to join him can. If not. . .we head back to camp."

When no one responds, Bellamy nods his head. "Alright then,"

Everyone begins to clear out but Bellamy stops and punches Murphy.

"Bellamy-" I say.

He holds Murphy close and grits his teeth. "If I ever see your face again. . .I'll kill you," He releases Murphy, sending him one last glare before leaving with the others.

I bend down and pick up Murphy's knife which he had dropped when Finn first punched him. I look at it closely before tossing it down in front of Murphy. "Here's you knife,"

Walking away, I let my mind wander. I think about how different things would have turned out to be if the council would've just floated us all instead.

I think about how all of this could have been avoided if Clarke never called Murphy our in front of everyone.

I think about just how fragile our group really is if we can all snap like the way Murphy snapped.

♾♾♾

Back at the drop ship, Bellamy and I stand before our people discussing the recent situation and how we need to set some kind of rules from here on out.