Chapter 13: New Friends, New Problems

ELARA
♾♾♾♾♾

"We should split up," I suggest. "We'll cover more ground that way."

Finn nods, "You two go together,"

"Got it,"

Clarke and I walk in silence for a small while. The sun was finally starting to rise causing the air to get warmer.

A slight drizzle takes over. I don't think I will ever get use to the feeling of rain on my skin. It's nice and calming.

"So you and Finn have a little hideout," I wiggle my eyebrow at her.

Clarke goes a toothy grin and looks down. Red creeps across her cheeks and the tip of her ears. "He's- Finn's different,"

"I can tell," a smile falls onto my face and I nudge her a bit.

We fall quiet again and continue walking.

That's when a strange smell hits my nose. "Do you smell that?" I ask Clarke.

She sniffs the air. "Gasoline,"

We bolt through the woods, pushing our feet towards the smell. Finally, a smoking pod appears before us. We stop and look at each other. Without saying anything, we creep up to the mysterious craft.

I wrap my fingers around the latch on the door and yank hard.

A girl with olive skin and brown hair laid motionless inside. I look back at Clarke.

"Well?" She urges.

I turn back to the unknown girl and shake her a little. "Hey, you okay?" Her eyes flutter open slowly setting themselves on mine.

She looks around briefly before asking, "I made it?"

A relief filled laugh escapes my lips as I nod. "Help me get her out," I tell clarke.

Together, we pull the girl from the wreckage. I tuck a strand of wet hair behind my ear and smile.

She plants her feet on the leaf covered ground and stands straight. "Whoa," she whispers to herself while looking around. "It smells just how I imagined,"

"Pretty cool, huh?"

"Definitely,"

A voice breaks us out of our conversation, "Raven?"

The girl, Raven, locks eyes with our dark haired friend. "Finn!" She jumps into his arms and he spins her. She places her lips to his and the earth shattering realization hits both Clarke and I- Clarke more so.

"I thought you were dead," she says hugging him again.

I glance at Clarke who has a mortified expression on her face. I decide to break up the moment, not being able to stand seeing my friend as hurt as she is. I clear my throat and the two lovers pulls away.

"Raven, right?" I ask. She nods. "I'm Elara, and this is Clarke."

"Wait, Clarke as in Clarke Griffin?" Raven eyes drop in Clarke.