Chapter 19: Leaving The Kids

ELARA
♾♾♾♾♾

After another hour, the sun finally came out. I was still in the same spot I had been in when I got sick. My head was still buzzing with the events from before.

"Elara,"

I look up and meet Bellamy's eyes. He walks over concerned.

"You took off, are you alright?"

I shrug, "Guess not all of us can stomach things like that," I give him a forced smile before looking down at my feet.

"Elara," his voice is soft. There's an unknown emotion that comes with my voice as he speaks. It causes me to look up at him. His brown eyes locking with my blue ones. "Who we are, and who we need to be to survive, they're two very different things."

"Right." I look back down

There's a long pause between us both until Bellamy breaks it, "We got the grounder to talk," I look up at him again, "Finn's gonna be okay."

"That's good, that's really good." I hold Bellamy's gaze. "So now what?"

"Clarke says Jaha wants to speak with you," his face falls with Jaha's name.

"Okay." I begin to walk away but Bellamy takes my hand.

"Down here, we're gonna have to do things we're not proud of, I hope you know that." He releases my hand, letting me go on my way.

His final words ring in my head making me think he wasn't talking about what they did up in the drop ship, but more of what he did. He's saying he's not okay with doing what he did. . .but it had to be done.

♾♾♾

In the drop ship, Clarke speaks with Jaha over the radio. I pass Raven a sympathetic smile as I watch her sit with Finn, her hand in his.

"Bellamy said you needed to see me?" I stand behind Clarke.

She stands up and hands me the headset. She mouths a 'good luck' before leaving.

Placing the headset over my ears, I take a seat.

Jaha's face appears on a small screen in front of me. He offers up a sickening, polite smile. With a quick hello, he gets to business.

"Elara Matheson, prisoner 428- in for thievery. As I recall," he states, "you managed to take something's from my office,"

I look down uncomfortably.

"Those files were classified. The penalty for a crime like that is death," Jaha's words come out slowly.

"With all due respect, Chancellor, you wouldn't of had known that the earth was survivable without our help. And I'm pretty sure you're not here to talk about how I am nothing but a delinquent teen, so whatever it is. . ." I trail off glaring into the camera.

He chuckles, his head tilts down but it comes back up when he speaks once again, "Winter is coming, as you may know. From what Clarke Griffin has told me, you've been a big part of keeping these children alive," I sit silently, waiting for him to get to the point.