Chapter 49

"So, bear. What are we going to do for the rest of the day?" I ask while hiding the book back under the floor board.

"Looks like a storm is gonna start soon" Bronxe said, I looked out the window and nodded.

"Yeah but since we're at camp the storm is just gonna pass over. So stop stalling, now" I reply.

"Pfft. I'm not stalling! We should totally have an argument over why I'm not stalling." Bronxe said, I glared at him. "Alright. I don't really have an idea about what we could-"

I deeply sighed, interrupting what Bronxe was trying to say. "What's wrong?" He asked, looking up at me.

"N-Nothing, it's just that.. I don't know! I kinda sorta feel like Damien is kinda drifting away from me." I answered.

"Well," Bronxe began, "we could both go see Damien. I'm sure he missed you."

"But how come he hasn't come to see me yet?" I asked.

"Ohhhhh. I get it! Your waiting for your loverboy to come see you first! Things don't always happen the way you want it, you out of all people should know."

"Yes, I should. But after all that.. From how long I've-we've been gone, been tortured, been hurt. The people who really cared where there to see me once I was back." I replied.

"Hmmm. Now, I'm confused, and the more I think about it the more I think I'm correct. Nico was the first one to come save you- save us and that was because he must've cared. So maybe he wasn't lying when he said that girl had him hypnotized or something. Since he cares." Bronxe explained.

"B-But Damien said he'd always be there, and that he'd never leave me." I replied.

"Then you should just leave him." Bronxe answered, he had such wisdom yet he was so small. It feels just like yesterday when I saved him, it feels just like yesterday when Nico saved me.

I smiled confidently at Bronxe. "Yeah, you're right. We should do it now before it's too late."

I went to pick up Bronxe but he pushed himself away. "No," he said, "I'll stay here."

"Why?" I asked, puzzled by his reaction.

"Remember when you saved me and I acted like a toddler?" Bronxe asked, I nodded. "That's because I was a toddler. Then I suddenly became a different bear the next day, right? That's because bears learn from what basically gives them a slice of life. I learned from you, Luna. But now, you're slowly losing the confidence and the attitude I got from you. Stop changing, I want the confidant Luna back."

I kept smiling at Bronxe as realization smacked me across the face. I'm supposed to represent Artemis, I can't be acting like such a child! I thought.

"Good idea, Bronxe. I'll see you when I'm done." Bronxe smiled, I confidently walked outside my cabin, the fresh outside air was a bit nice. But then I raced to the Nemesis Cabin and banged my fist on the door until it was opened.

Damien opened the door, I peaked over his shoulder to see whatever her name is.

"Hey, Luna. I'm sorry I haven't come to see you lately. I've just been doing stuff so I was busy." He said, I scoffed.

"Is she the stuff that you've been doing that's making you so busy?" I asked, gesturing over to whatever her name is.

"N-No, it's not like that. She's my best friend." Damien replied.

"I know your lying, Damien. And I'm tired of being with you. You only care about me until I f@$ing disappear for a while and then I come back and I'm completely useless to you! We're done! Stay away from my friends and stay away from my bear, you might be a mistaken child of Nemesis but we both know that my abilities are superior than what you could ever dream of! So you better leave them alone, they won't have the answers to your problems!" I stated, stomping away after I finished. I felt so much better after I did that.

~(Bronxe's pov, after Luna left)~

I felt good about myself after coaching Luna like a boss. But everything I said was true. I appreciate all that Luna has sacrificed for me and I had to return the favor for her.

A shadow walked out of the darkness of the corner of the room, it was Nico. I was surprised at first, so I'm going to act with aggression.

"What are you doing in the corner of no-mans-land?! You aren't alloud here, I already convinced Luna you're an okay person!" I exclaimed, Nico probably couldn't understand me.

"What were you two talking about?" He asked, "Is she breaking up with Damien..? Thank you for that, if you can even understand me. I really miss Luna, I missed you too. When the news spread that you two went missing, I felt like my heart was in my stomach the entire day. But nothing I felt can be compared to what Luna's friends felt or even how you both felt. I don't know how I am still alive without her, I think she's amazing..! Everything she does I admire. I feel so bad for being rude to her. Can you even understand me?"

I nodded, showing that I heard everything he said. I couldn't help but feel bad for Nico feeling that way. But it's like what he said, nothing can compare to how Luna felt. She suffered more with Khione than I did, I will never forget hearing her blood-curtling screams and her cries for help. The thought of Luna turning against the god's is something I cannot imagine.

Nico got closer, sitting on the bed side and taking a deep breath. "J-Just tell her that I miss her."

Then he got up and went to the corner and into the darkness, disappearing as soon as he walked into the dark.

I hear the door open and Luna walked inside, shutting the door behind her.

"What's up with you? You look like you've just seen a ghost." She asked.

"Because I have."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey, guys! It's been a while since I've posted my last chapter. And I'm super excited for Chapter 50! The breaking up with Damien thing seems kinda rushed but I have to keep the story a Nico Di Angelo x reader.

That's all for now! I really just wanted to update you guys on what's going on in my life during my school year. I also have state tests next week and I just wish I could skip it.