Chapter 39

"Now let me turn you into a human" I said.

"Do I have to? I like being a bear, I don't wanna be a human. Then you'll have to teach me how to walk, how to use a mouth, how to use thumbs, too" Bronxe said, I nodded.

"It's fine, Bronxe. I won't make you do something you don't want to. That would be rude and I'm already on Zeus' bad side. I don't want to be on you're bad side, too" I replied.

"Should we wake the others up?" Bronxe asked, I flopped on the bed.

"But I'm still sleepyyyyy" I whined, I only had to really wake up this early for school, which was the worst.

"Fine. But at least turn back into a girl before you fall back asleep. It's weird seeing the daughter of Artemis, you know, the male hater, as a male" Bronxe said, I groaned.

"If my mom didn't want me to be a boy then she would've done something when it came to my ability of shape shifting. Now would she?" I replied.

"Then don't get a cuddly with me. I might support lgbtq+ But I am straight and I will not accept this tomfoolery" Bronxe said.

"You are the one who convinced me into doing this, though" I said.

"You're right and you are still adorable no matter what gender you are. But imagine what David and Carter are going to think when they see you as a boy wearing the girl you's clothes. Their going to think something's going on" Bronxe said, I saw a fly and got distracted so I wasn't really listening to him for half of what he said.

"What do you think fly's eat?" I asked, squinting at the bug.

"Were you even listening to me?" Bronxe asked.

"Yeah yeah, creepy boy in my clothes, blah blah blah" I explained.

Bronxe huffed, "You're very lucky I owe you my life."

I smiled and scratched the spot behind his ear, "I know," I looked outside the window and noticed it started getting bright. "We should wake the others two up and get back to camp before something bad happens."

"That's what I've been trying to tell you!" Bronxe exclaimed, I smiled.

I quickly went into the bathroom and turned back into my.... female self? I don't know what to call it. Real me? Original me? Feminine me?

Once I walked out, I woke up David then woke up Carter. I could tell they weren't morning people, all they did was complain.

"Stop complaining and just get up so we can leave. We don't have forever like an immortal being does" I said as they kept groaning, complaining, and whinning.

"Doesn't this remind you of someone?" Bronxe asked sarcastically.

"It's rude to talk about yourself like that, you know" I replied and rolled my eyes.

~(time skip)~

Once the boys were awake and we ate our morning pb&j's (sadly Bronxe had to eat stale corndogs) we were ready to leave.

We made our way along the sidewalk with Bronxe in my arms and David following behind with Carter on his shoulders.

We started to lose sight of buildings and houses after a couple hours, which meant we were close. But also meant the monsters were probably close, too.

"We should've got take- out from the Chinese place before we got this far, I'm starving" David said, he was right, I was hungry too but we can always eat when we get back to camp. But I don't remember there being a table in the dinning pavilion for satyrs.