Chapter 48

I woke that morning feeling like hell on earth. I had a headache and the worst stumach pain ever. It was rare to feel sick but it was even more rare to be sick for me. But one thing I'm certain of was it was because I ate too much. Specially if I hadn't eaten a lot lately.

But it didn't matter, I trudged through the pain and sat up on the side of my bed. I started gaining another pain in my neck and back. Probably from sleeping on the ground. I thought, today is already starting off perfectly.

I got up and stumbled into the bathroom, slouched over the sink and splashed cold water on my face.

My eyes glanced at myself in the mirror, which led it to me staring at myself in the mirror with the water running.

I stared into my eyes, the eyes that once were a beautiful silver color became a mix of red and green in each eyes. The once eyes that only were filled with happiness became eyes filled with sadness and sorrow.

I mumbled a silent "ew" at myself in the mirror before turning off the sink water and brushing the rats nest I called my hair. Then walking back into the other room and sitting down again on the edge of my bed.

"So, when are we going to read the rest of that book?" Bronxe asked.

"You mean when I read the book alloud to you," I replied. "We can do it after breakfast, I'm starving."

The horn sounded, signaling breakfast. "Speaking of breakfast. Let's go," I grabbed Bronxe and walked to the dinning area.

~(time skip)~

After breakfast, I was back in my cabin. The door was locked and all I had with me was Bronxe. It was quite, my headache was disappearing, my stumach pain had gone down. But my neck and back pains were still thriving.

"Maybe we should go outside for a bit. It's good for you to get fresh air" Bronxe suggested, I nodded.

"But I don't want people seeing me" I replied.

"Seriously?" Bronxe asked, I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, let's go" I sighed, Bronxe made a goofy grin at me in victory.

I put on my sweater then grabbed Bronxe and silently made my way outside. The creeky floor boards were giving me away, as they were catching the attention of other Demigod's. And yes, I will blame it on the floor boards.

But as I was about to get off the last step, I realized what had happened the last time I was in the woods. I quickly ran back inside and slammed the door shut.

"What happened? We were so close!" Bronxe asked, confused.

"Don't you remember what happened last time?" I asked in a 'duh' tone.

Bronxe thought for a moment before saying; "ohhhhh. Whoops, I forgot."

I couldn't help but chuckle. After all, I did kinda forget, too. "How about we just finish that book?"

"That's better..! I guess" Bronxe replied.

I sat Bronxe down on the bed and grabbed the book before sitting down next to the bear and opening the book.

Day #5 February 20th, 1994
It's funny how fast time fly's by and how fast something can grow. Just ask Kronos, one day he ate his last born and the next his last born son was slicing him up in pieces with his siblings that he ate, too. I finally found a name for him, Hunter. I've decided waiting for him to name himself would talk too long. Although, his name isn't anything as great as other God's, and it doesn't really strike you as "Oh that is a god's name" but it's better than just calling him boy. But now I'm running out of space to write, and now I need to remember his name is Hunter. I should be able to remember his name, though. But I just hope he remembers me when he becomes a great hero.

"The end" I said and smirked at Bronxe.

"Wait, that can't be the end! There has to be more!" Bronxe exclaimed.

"I'm kidding, there's more. It's just the end of this chapter" I explained.

"Oh," Bronxe sighed in relief. "I was a bit upset for a moment."

"I've noticed" I flipped to the next page to start reading but Bronxe stopped me.

"Maybe we can read more tomorrow?" He suggested.

"Why?" I asked.

"Well I just don't want to end it so soon. You know?"

"No. I don't know. I really wanna finish the book."

"How about we just keep reading a chapter or two a day?"

"Fine," I sigh and roll my eyes. "But what are we going to do the rest of the day?"

"The list goes on forever on what we could do! But we don't have to finish that book" Bronxe said, I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever you say, Bronxe"