59

Corbyn Besson

I looked at a picture on my broken phone of me, Christina and Ashton at the beach. I remembered, it was one of the best days of the summer. Tears started to well up in my eyes.

"Dad?" I heard a child's voice say, from downstairs. It sounded like Ashton.

I bolted down, but, it wasn't. It was fucking Jordan. I let out a long sigh before returning back upstairs.

I didn't know what to do. I needed some fresh air. I put on a pair of sweatpants and a baggy hoodie, and went for a long walk. I didn't have a particular destination, but I ended up at the top of a giant cliff, overlooking the ocean.

I was sleeping underneath a tree, when my phone buzzed. I looked at the notification and it was a text from my mom. 'Where are you?' I looked at the time and it was 7:30pm. I stood up and had a long stretch.

I began walking home, quickly, because it was nearly time for dinner. I was walking down a gloomy street, when I heard footsteps. I turned my head to see who it was, but, they're face was covered. I picked up the pace of my steps. They also began walking faster. Then I started sprinting.

The next thing I know, I felt an unknown object hit the back of my head. Everything just went black. I dropped to the floor.

6 Hour Time Skip

I struggled to open my eyes, but when I did, I was in a white room. I was hooked up to a bunch of wires attached to a machine. It was beeping. Next to me was 3 people. 1 man, 1 woman and a child, who looks to be about 4-5.

I coughed and the woman's eyes shot open. "Corbyn! You're awake!" She exclaimed. I gave her a look of confusion. "Wh-Who are you?" I asked, not knowing who she was. "I-I'm your m-mom." She said, with a hint of sadness in her voice.

A tanned middle-aged man then appeared in the doorway. He called the woman claiming to be my mom over to him. "He have temporarily lost his memory. It should all come back in only 2 to 3 days." That was all I heard.

Uncontrollably, my eyes began to close. 

-

I woke up and the sun was blasting on my face, causing me to struggle to open my eyes. The same man came in and closed the curtains. He asked me how I was feeling, then exited the room.

I looked at the clock and it was 10:47am. About 5 minutes, then my 'mom' came in. "How are you feeling?" She asked, giving me a plastic cup containing water. "Drink this." "Thank you." I said, taking a sip.

"So... how are you feeling?" She asked. "I feel f-INE!!" I screamed at the end, because, a strike of pain shot through the back of my head. I held the place where it was hurting. It wouldn't stop hurting. I felt a massive lump there.

"Why is my head hurting?" I asked, wincing in pain. "Also, why am I here?" "Somebody found you on the floor outside their house." She explained. A nurse asked if I wanted some pain killers, but I said no. And after a few minutes, it finally stopped.

"You had surgery at 11:00pm last night,you've got a lot of stitches there, so be careful." The nurse said. "When can I go home?" "Later today hopefully."