38

Corbyn Besson

1 month later

This last month I've been making Jonah's life hell. I've done what he did to me everyday. I've been winding him up mainly because Zach ain't here anymore. He moved to Florida last week. I've had detention countless amounts of times. Today was no different. I walked into the cafeteria and found Jonah on a table at the back on his own, crying it looks like. I got my food and sat down with Daniel, Christina and Daniel's girlfriend, Mady.

After we finished we went outside, for the remainder of lunch. But, everyone went out and I 'went to the toilet.' But I walked over to Jonah and he was still sat on his own, his eyes puffy, his face was red and had tear stains running down his cheeks. I walked over to him and sat opposite him. "You okay?" "Why do you care?" "Because you're my brother." "No I'm not." "Tell me what's wrong!" "I miss Zach." "Come on, come with me." I said lifting him up out of his chair. I guided him to the toilet. I gave him some tissues and he wiped his eyes. He leaned against the wall and slid down, sitting on the floor with his knees in his chest, sobbing. After I few minutes I picked him up. "What do you want?" He asked. "To help you." "No you don't. You just want to hurt me." "Yeah, but mainly help. Come here." I pulled him in for a hug.

Suddenly I pushed him up against the wall, with my arm across his throat. "You really think I'd help you?" I slapped him across his face. I dragged him over to one of the toilets. I put his face in it, then flushed it. I dragged him to the middle of the floor and started kicking and punching him. The door opened and Daniel walked in. When he saw me, he ran across and tried to drag me off him. I stood up and glared at Daniel. "Get out!" He demanded. I then swung for him, and punched him in the jaw. The power behind the punch, made him fall to the floor. I continued beating up Jonah, while Daniel ran to get help. 5 people then came in and tried to pull me off him. One of them was Jonah's friend, Jack. 4 of them then pulled me off him and Jack went to help Jonah.

I got pulled back and Jack helped Jonah to get up from the floor. "What happened?" Jack asked. Jonah just hugged him, instead of saying a word. Jack pushed him off gently. And shockily, he swung for Jonah and hit him. Jonah looked at him, shocked, on the floor. We all left, leaving Jonah feeling betrayed by Jack. We ran outside and I met up with Christina and Mady, as Jack and Daniel followed. "What do you want?" Christina rudely asked Jack. "He's with me." I said. Christina gave me a stupid look and walked away. The bell rang, signalling the end of lunch. We walked to maths. When we got there, Jonah wasn't there. Near the end of the lesson, he still hadn't came in.

I walked home and Jonah wasn't there. I was sitting in the living room and he came in, his hair messy, face bruised and cut. "Jonah! What happened?" My Mom asked. He looked at me, then looked back at my Mom. "Got into a fight." "Again? With who?" "It doesn't matter." "Jonah, please tell me." "No. It's got nothing to do with you." He said with an artitude and stormed up the stairs. "Was it you?" "What, no." My Dad then walked in, looking shocked and scared. "Where's Jonah?" He asked. "Upstairs, beaten up." I said and my Mom smacked my head. "Jonah, can you come down here please?" He called. "No! Leave me alone." He shouted back. "Jonah it's serious. Get down here now!" He demanded. "What do you want?" He asked walking down the stairs in a towel. "I'm about to go in the shower." "Sit down." He said, pointing to the couch. Jonah slowly walked in, confused and sat down next to me. "What's wrong?" "It's serious..."