58

Corbyn Besson

I was slumped down on the couch, on my phone. "Mommy, can we get a dog?" Jordan asked. "Jord', there's no point asking. I've been asking for 15 years." "Maybe when you're older." She replied, looking down at him. "Please, please, please?" "No, Jordan!" "WHY?!?!" He screamed. "Because, I said!" He kicked one of his toys and ran out of the room.

"Why don't you just get him one?" I asked. "No, Corbyn. Maybe for Christmas next year." "You've said literally the same thing every year for 15 years." I looked back down at my phone and continued texting someone. "I'll be back in a bit." I said, quickly walking out. It was kinda dark out.

I went to meet up with somebody at the park. "'Sup, Mike." I got closer. "What do you want?" He asked. "500." I replied. "No problem." He slipped his backpack from his shoulders and put it on the table. He unzipped it and pulled out another bag. "Here you go." He gave me $500 worth of cocaine. "Where's the cash?" I felt around my pockets for my wallet but I couldn't find it.

"Can I give it to you Monday? I must've left my wallet at home." "No!" He pulled out a gun and placed it on the table. "$500 or nothing!" He snapped. "Mike, it's 2 days. C'mon?" "2 days. If you fail to give me the cash, bang." He imitated a gun shot. "Deal." I put it in my pocket and walked back home.

I went straight up to my room. I quickly hid the cocaine, underneath a load of clothes. Underneath the clothes was also a stash of cigarettes, alchohol and an empty little bag, that used to contain more coke. I picked out a cigarette and a lighter, along with 2 cans of beer. I walked over to my window, and opened it, before climbing out up to the roof. I lit up the cigarette and opened the can. I laid back, looking up at the stars.

I threw the cigarette after I was finished. I had 1 can remaining. But I fell asleep.

"CORBYN!!" My mom screamed. I shot up, and realised I was still on the roof. It was light. I pulled out my phone and it was 12.00pm. I was sleeping for 12 hours. But I still had a can next to me. "What the fuck are you doing up here?!" She yelled, but not really loud. She had a really angry, scared and shocked look on her face. "Tell me this isn't what I think it is?" She said, holding up a bag containing white powder.

I stared at the bag. "Corbyn? Please, tell me." I still didn't reply. "It is, isn't it?" I nodded, scared. "Oh, my God. Corbyn, why?" "I WANT MY SON!!" I screamed, uncontrollably. I began to sob. "Come here." She came over and hugged me and I hugged back. "Please, stop. Also, you smell like cigarettes." I walked away and back down to my room.

I went into my closet and the clothes were moved. She saw the bag of coke, but she didn't see the cigarettes. She saw the beer, but she didn't mind so much, because I'm nearly 17. I picked up the 5 packets of cigs that were on the floor and gave them to her. She was shocked.

Christina

Ashton was on my phone, when it rang. It was Corbitch's mom.
"What?"
"You need to come back."
"No. I ain't going near him."
"Well at least let Corbyn see Ashton."
"No! He cheated on me, for about 3 months, and now you expect me to forget about it?"
"No, just let him see his son."
"Saskia, listen to me. NO!!"
"He's broken. He's even been taking drugs, drinking and smoking. He was never like this when he had you two." I could here the sadness in her voice.
"Not my problem."
"If you have any decency, you will let a man see his child."
"Well, by the sounds of it, I haven't got no decency."

I ended the call and allowed Ashton to continue to watch YouTube.