Chapter 1: Captured

Chapter written by: LillaSmolBean
~~~~
Through the navy skies of Ninjago city, dashed the bounty. Its masts were wafting through the light breeze of tonight. They were just a-top Borg tower. A pair cerulean eyes peered down from the edge of the flying boat. Her eyes filled with horror as the flying ship just passed the tower. Also known as the SOG's hideout. Just by a quick glance down, the figure rushed back to the control room and pulled a lever. Releasing the anchor. "We've landed." The water ninja called out to the remaining members of the resistance. Skylor, the master of amber walked out of the resting chambers. A small yawn escaped her lips as her tangerine eyes blinked at the sudden light casting through her eyes. In her room, there was complete darkness. She didn't know navy skies could cause the same effect on having the warmth of daylight shine in your direction. "Careful, we wouldn't want to damage any buildings." She warned the water ninja as she kept her hand on the lever in case she hit a window from the skyscrapers.

"Don't worry, I calculated the distance between the ground and the skyscrapers' rooftops. We're fine." Nya informed her and as if it was scripted. The metallic hook landed on the concrete stone rooftop. It caused the boat to rock back for a small period of time. Skylor stumbled back but caught herself by pressing her back again the railing. "Woah! Easy!" She chuckled and sighed in relief. Nya laughed back. "How about you try parking this boat?" She challenged, earning an eyebrow rose from Skylor herself. "You know my speciality isn't boats. It's more on noodle-making." She quickly reminded her. Which made Nya cross her arms in a jokingly sassy manner.
"Then you shouldn't be talking." She joked.

The two elemental masters peered over the railing and noticed that they were in fact a few meters higher than the actual Borg tower. "Bingo...now how do we get down there?" Nya trailed off her voice, sighing right after. The water ninja hated to admit it but she was feeling a tiny bit scared at the moment. It wasn't like her but after hearing the news on the other ninjas' disappearance, it tore her down deep inside. Luckily, she still had Lloyd. One of the reasons that she continues to fight on. Like the nindroid of ice told her once long ago: "Not only does brother sharpens brother, but it sharpens a sister as well.". The master of amber walked away to grab something leaning by the control room's wall. Nya's eyes widened as she saw a rope hanging onto Skylor's hands. "How convenient." She mouthed. The master of amber tapped her small fingers against the side of her head and smiled. Soon, a tingling feeling surrounded the water ninja. She gasped and examined her surroundings. But she knew this wasn't any evil magic. No, it was the master of mind's power.

"Yes, I know. Very convenient. Now we'll use these to get down there, hopefully reach a window and figure out what to do from there. So it's go time?" The redhead suggested. Nya shook her head at that. Earning a confused look from Skylor.
"I haven't warned Lloyd of our arrival here yet." She reminded Skylor before walking off towards the resting chambers of the ship. Skylor gave an approved nod before typing two of the rope around a column of the railing. The other rope that was meant for the green ninja was dangling on the floor at the moment.
~~~
The water ninja's footsteps thudded against the hard wooden flooring of the craft. She kept her small hands pressed against her chest as she pursed her lips, trying to breathe a bit and let loose. This whole plan did in fact make her tense to the slightest. Nya was a rather kick-butt teenager so she wasn't scared to dare excursions like these. She was more scared of the consequences of her own actions. How she'd have to risk someone's safety for this reckless plan or even lose someone. Her heart couldn't go on already with the loss of Jay and Kai. However, she managed to stay strong and reminded herself every day: she will see a brighter tomorrow, if she just took the time to fight like the valiant ninja she was.

Reluctantly and noticeably quieter than usual, she knocked on the wooden door. "Lloyd? Are you in there?" She called out of him. There was a brief period of silence and constant furnaces going off to fuel to ship. The crispy sound of charcoal burning from the power room. It satisfied all passengers. Luckily for the water ninja, she didn't have to wait long for the green ninja opened the door followed with a small yawn. Never less, he still kept a smile up when he greeted the water ninja. "Hi Nya, what's up? Are we here?" He questioned and held the door open with his other hand. Nya, who had her arms crossed at the time, folded her arms and placed one of her arms at her hip. "You've got it. Skylor already proposed to use ropes to get down there." She explained quickly, not giving him the full details for they weren't exactly necessary. He nodded at that then his blackened pupils glanced at the door behind her. It was another resting chamber. "Is Dareth coming along?" He asked again. The water ninja immediately shook her head. Acting if the question was obvious enough. "Wouldn't think he'd be able to handle a stealth mission like this. Besides it's 12AM. He's probably asleep." She informed him to which Lloyd gasped lightly. His gasp was then followed with a laugh. "Just give me a minute to grab my weapons." He gave him a bigger smile and shut the door. Nya smiled back as she was faced with the wooden door right in front of her again instead of the bland brown wallpaper of his room. She walked off, ready to wait for him as well as help Skylor prepare the debut to this plan.
~~~
A total of 10 minutes passed ever since Nya came in to check on Lloyd."ok go over the plan one more time?" the redhead asked much to the water ninja's annoyance after repeating it for the fifth time. She sighed and bit her lips."you better listen this time. We'll sneak into the tower but we'll need to be extra careful." She explained once again. Earning a comprehensive nod from Skylor. "Isn't Garmadon the emperor? He could be on any floor he desires." She reminded the water ninja. She gave an annoyed look. "That's why I said to be careful." She laughed right after, hard to actually stay irritated against a friend of hers. The redhead was going to say something until she turned to the control room. Her tangerine eyes barely made out the time displayed on the screens. It was 12:10. The two girls began getting worried. Surely it didn't take someone around 10 minutes to simply grab a sword, sharpen it if it wasn't to their satisfaction and leave a room. "Stay here, let me check on him." Skylor told Nya and started making her way back to the corridor.

As she pulled up to his room, she expected to knock on the door. However, much to her surprise, the door was wide open. Curious, she stepped right through the doorframe. What she saw surprised her. Her tangerine eyes dilated as she immediately ran inside, finding nothing aside from two swords on the ground and an open window. She screamed. "U-Um Nya?!" She called out for the water ninja. Who without hesitation ran up to where Lloyd was supposed to be. Skylor backed away from the exposed doorframe. "Where's Lloyd?" her voice shook with paranoia, her trembling palm pointing at the open window. Nya beckoned Skylor to follow her as the two girls looked down to see two figures landing safely on the roof. A third figure seemed to be with them. Yet, their attire looked familiar. It was a black waist coat that was quite open, plus their black pants too. There were also different blue and magenta designs on their waistcoat. It hit them. It was a few SOG guards.
~~~
A/N Hi guys! Lilla here, one of the co-writers of this story. I hope you enjoyed chapter 1 so far. This was honestly a pretty chapter to write and I'm excited to show you guys the storyline me and Jdizzle have for you so far. If you liked this story, please leave a vote, and share your thoughts in the comments down below! Thank you, it would be appreciated! Cya in the next chapter! <3