A Girl In An All-Boys' School. Mismatch. -Chapter 6-

The mats were laid on the floor in the middle of the stadium and a man wearing a white judo gi with a white belt around his waist came walking towards our direction. He looked like he was built solely of muscle, too bulky for my liking. Everyone suddenly tensed up and scrambled to stand in a straight line. Kevin and I just looked at each other confused.

He stopped in front of a red-haired boy and the boy seemed to tremble in fear. Glancing across the class, he hollered, "IN CASE SOME OF YOU DIDN'T KNOW, I'M MISTER PACMAN, YOUR P.E. TEACHER THIS SEMESTER. CALL ME SIR. NOW WE NEED TO SET A FEW GROUND RULES. ONE, NEVER BE LATE. WHEN I SAY NEVER, I MEAN NEVER. TWO, I DO NOT REPEAT MYSELF SO ATTENTION ON ME AT ALL TIMES. THREE, WHAT I SAY IS ALWAYS RIGHT, SO DO NOT EVER REFUTE ME. IT'S SIMPLE AS THAT, CRYSTAL CLEAR?" We all nodded eagerly, hoping not to step on his toes. When he yelled, I felt as though every single cell in my body vibrated and struggled to escape the confinements of my body. That was how scary he was. "NOW ALL OF YOU, GET CHANGED AND BE BACK HERE IN FIVE," He blew his whistle and we all ran as fast as we could to the locker room.

I was surprised when I found my judo gi in my locker. They must have sent it there so I didn't need to carry it around 'til judo class. Everyone was stripping down to their underwear, changing into their gis at lightning speed and I couldn't help but realise that I was surrounded by boys. I quickly turned to face my locker and stared at my gi. Man, how was I supposed to wear it? That was not the only problem. How was I gonna change in a locker room full of guys!?

We would be punished if we weren't on time and I so did not believe that the punishment would be wonderful. I decided to wear my white cotton t-shirt under my gi and change at the corner.

The gi consisted of a pair of white canvas drawstring pants with a matching white quilted cotton jacket, and a white cotton belt. Hastily, I removed my uniform and put on the canvas pants first. I fumbled a little with the jacket and crossed the right side of the gi over the left one. Grabbing my belt, I ran out of the locker room as Kevin ushered me. We were the last to leave the room and, thankfully, we were two seconds early. Phew, thank god. We stood in a straight row again and Mister Pacman walked towards our direction. He was checking everyone's judo gi it seemed, and he stopped in front of me.

"What's your name boy?" Mister Pacman looked at me and said. His bushy eyebrows were closely knit together and his piercing glare made me feel like I could shrink from the sheer look of his gaze.

'SHRINKING~'

Stupid inner voice. I realised that he was waiting for my answer and my voice betrayed my nervousness as I replied, "Colt. Colt Reyes."

He crossed his arms and looked like he was thinking. Finally, he said "Colt boy, you're wearing your judo gi the wrong way. Cross the left side over the right one." He looked at me and it seemed that he was expecting me to change it right on the spot. Oh, yeah obviously he would be expecting that. In my quickest speed, I swapped the sides of the gi. I prayed that he found no more fault with me and not bother about me anymore, but oh life never goes your way. My prayer wasn't answered.

"COLT, WHY DO YOU NEED TO WEAR A SHIRT BELOW YOUR GI. ARE YOU ANY DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHERS? ARE YOU SPECIAL? ANSWER ME!" He yelled so loudly, I thought his body would not be able to handle the pressure and explode and we would both die together.

My mind was in a state of panic. Omg, what was I supposed to do?! Now I had angered who seemed to be like the worst choice of teachers to piss off. In my confusion, I forgot what Mister Pacman had said and my mind was blank. Oh, shit. "Uhm.." Was all I could mutter out.

"YOU AREN'T GOING TO ANSWER ME, HUH, COLT MY DEAR BOY?" Mister Pacman glared at me with such intensity; I thought my insides were melting.

I realised he was actually waiting for my answer and remembered his question. What was the best excuse!? I was starting to sweat as I panicked. The first day of school was gonna be my death anniversary. I didn't want to die!! Suddenly, as though a switched was turned on, I thought of the medical excuse. "I-I have a certain skin problem Sir. When I sweat, I get rashes and the shirt can help absorb the sweat better. So the effect isn't that great. It-It's a special shirt that is extra-absorbent and uh, yeah, it's for my skin condition so I need to wear it." I clenched my fists at the side, trying to hold my fear in. I hoped that he would just take my excuse and leave! It was crappy, but it was valid! It was a medical excuse! I felt like I could faint any moment, gosh.