Everything Erased

Anna

I am Anna. I am the daughter of Evelina. I am a skilled tactician and mage. I am ready to take on the world.

I didn't know why, but chanting that seemed to keep my mind at ease. Telling myself who I was kept my mind busy. Naga knew I needed many distractions.

One week. One week had passed since I buried my mother. This week had been the longest, most stressful, and worst of my entire life. One week full of tears and wandering aimlessly. Now that Mom was gone, I had nothing to follow. The loose structure of a schedule I had was lost and buried with Mama.

I am Anna. I am the daughter of Evelina. I am a skilled tactician and mage. I am ready to take on the world.

The soft songs of the crickets and owls accompanied me on my path, providing some semblance of company. My sleep schedule was in ruins (not that it was a great one, to begin with). Whenever I tried to rest and close my eyes, memories of Mama came to, along with images of her death. So, whenever I was tired, I continued my journey without a destination. When my body had enough and was about to collapse from exhaustion, then I slept. Nightmares may have found me, but at least I slept.

I was calmer at night, anyway. I felt comfort in the quiet atmosphere; like I was the only person in the world. My tactician's robe was all I needed for the summer night chills. I would keep walking. The more I traveled, the better chance I had at finding a place. Finding my purpose.

I am Anna. I am the daughter of Evelina. I am a skilled tactician and mage. I am ready to take on the world.

I glanced down at the map in my hands, trying to pinpoint my location. I'm definitely in the South of Ylisse, I know that for sure. I've seen some of these landmarks. The closest town is Southtown, only a few miles away. If I keep walking, maybe a short rest on the way, I should be there by tomorrow afternoon. Maybe I can find some mercenary work there. I lost a good amount of my coin in the fight, so I have to provide for myself somehow...

I put the map away, drawing in a deep breath. "Everything will be all right. I'll figure this out," I breathed. "I am Anna. I am the daughter of Evelina. I am a-"

The world seemed to go still around me, all signs of life disappearing. The crickets and owls stopped singing, breezes stilled, and even the stars stopped twinkling. "What the... What's going-"

Then everything happened.

A bursting headache racked through my brain, clawing desperately at my conscience. It is time, Fell One! A voice in my mind cackled.

Everything went dark for a moment and then was replaced by a brief flash of light. However, even that light somehow felt dark. The ache in my head nulled, but only slightly. "What is happening?!" I cried out.

"Well, well, well... Look who we have here..." Another voice sneered, this one belonging to a woman. She sounded oddly familiar, but something about her tone was off.

I shook my head, opening my eyes to see the source of the voice. My heart dropped all the way down to my feet as I beheld the person in front of me. I was staring at...myself. Almost a perfect reflection. The only differences I saw was that this Anna looked older and had blood red eyes.

She grinned, bearing her fangs. "How lucky I was to find you on such short notice... And before any of those little brats could stop me!"

My hand flew to the hilt of my sword. "Wh-who are you?! What do you want with me?!"

"We are one and the same, Anna. I am just from another time." What?! "Enough with the idle chatter. I must take care of my business quickly." She raised her arms, dark magic dancing in her palms. "I must unite myself with your heart. Grima's Heart."

"What are you - ARGH!!!" My migraine returned. One of the worst ones I've ever had. It felt as if this woman was taking a hammer straight to my skull and picking apart my brain. To add to this, my heart burned and ached, wanting to jump from my body.

The woman - me - cackled. "Do not resist! It will be over soon! You and I will achieve godhood!" She increased the power of her magic, making the pain even worse. "We shall truly be one! I will be able to take over this dammed world and destroy it once and for all!"

"N-no! Stop it!" I cried out.

Fight back. I have to fight back. I don't know what's going on but I don't like it. I won't let them win!

I am Anna. I am the daughter of Evelina. I am a skilled tactician and mage. I am ready to take on the world.

"Wh-what?! No! This isn't possible!" The other me yelled, trying to push me back into submission. "You're pitiful attempts are fruitless... Don't even try to resist!"

"I am Anna. I am the daughter of Evelina. I am a skilled tactician and mage. I am ready to take on the world," I said through clenched teeth. My hands suddenly began to burn. I lifted my right hand to see that my glove had completly singed off, my mark glowing. How did that happen?!

Her blood-red eyes were wild. "Don't you listen, worm!" My heart felt like it was about to explode. "This is impossible! How could your heart be so weak! Grima's power...no! How can your heat not handle his power?! You-!"

Everything was starting to go white, my mind and body becoming weightless. "I am...Anna? I-I am a tactician! And...and I can take on the world!"

"NOOOOOO! YOU INSOLENT WORM! YOU'VE RUINED EVERYTHING!"

The strange woman in front of me screamed at me. Why is she screaming? What did I do? Who is she? She released one last roar before tearing everything apart. Before I knew it, my head felt like it was split apart, my vision tunneling.

"I am...I am...who am I?" I mumbled out before my vision became nothing but darkness, a sharp pain lancing through the center of my forehead, like someone was trying to land one last blow to my face and knocked me off my feet.

"Our hearts are still one and the same... You will see..."

A battle. I was in battle. My male companion and I fought our hardest against a dark sorcerer, our combined power stronger than any sword. We won. We won, but I was hurt. I took a blow for my companion. The next thing I knew, everything was red.

"This is not your...your fault. Promise me...you'll escape from this place. Please...go..."

*****
Ooooooooooooh. SO EVERYTHING ANNA JUST WENT THROUGH IS NOW FOR NOTHING.  GOODBYE EVERYONE. XD So yep. Grima happened. We stan. I'm sick. So the Q&A is over, unfortunately. AND NEXT WEEK IS THE FINALE OF BEFORE AWAKENING. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I'M NOT READY. I WANT TO EAT MY CEREAL. BAI. Thank you so much for reading and look forward to reading more!