Son of Naga

Lucia

"Milady? Milady, are you alright?!" I heard a voice ask me.

I opened my eyes slowly; the whole room was fuzzy, and my head screamed in pain. W-what... What happened... I tried to collect my thoughts, but everything was still spinning. W-wait! "M-my baby! Where is my baby?! What happened to me?! What happened to them?!" I tried sitting up, but the midwife made me settle back down.

"One thing at a time, Queen Lucia," The midwife smiled. "Your baby is fine! You only passed out after the labor was over. This happened when you birthed little Emmeryn, remember?"

I looked down and nodded, a lock of my long blonde hair fell in front of my eye. "Y-yes...I remember..." I remembered being so scared. I was afraid I did something wrong, and my daughter wasn't going to survive! Luckily, that wasn't the case, and my baby girl was just fine. "B-but where's my baby! Where are they?! Are they alright?"

Right on cue, a wet nurse came into the room, holding a bundle of light blue blanket in her arms. "See for yourself, Milady!" she giggled, handing the bundle to me. "Congratulations! It's a healthy baby boy! You must be so proud!"

I took the baby into my arms and began to cry. "H-he's...perfect..." He had a set of dark blue hair, just like his father. I wiped away my tears and held him closer. "H-hello there, my little prince!" My heart skipped a beat as he opened his eyes and stared at me. Cerulean blue eyes...just like mine ... I held the young prince close to me, never taking my eyes off him for a second.

...

"Mother! May I come in?" I heard the voice of my daughter ask from outside.

I smiled and nodded to the maid. "Let her in."

The maid opened the door, and my 5-year-old daughter ran in, crawling on the bed, and sitting down next to me. "Can I hold them, Mommy? Can I?!" Emmeryn begged.

I laughed and let her hold the child. "Be careful, Emmy!" I said. "Your brother is sleeping! You don't want to wake him up!"

Emmeryn gasped in wonder at her new brother, holding him close. "I have a little brother?!?!" she said in a hard whisper.

I giggled and patted her head. "Yes, darling. You're a big sister, now!"

"Big sister..." She marveled at her new title for a few moments. "You hear that, baby brother?! I'm a big sister!!!!" I haven't seen her this excited since the day I told her I was pregnant!

I smiled at the two siblings. Oh, I can tell these two will be trouble! "I'm pretty sure he's aware of that, Emmy!" I jested.

Emmeryn didn't listen, and she continues to cuddle and dote her little brother. She looks so happy... I'm glad... There's only one piece missing from this puzzle... "Emmy, have you seen your father?"

She looked up at me. "He's at a meeting with his War Council," she rolled her eyes. "He sounded like he was in a nasty mood when I went to get him!"

Of course, he was... "I see..."

"Mama? Does little brother have a name?"

I snapped out of my trance and looked at her. "Ah! N-no! I wanted to see if your father had any names in mind before I decided anything!"

Emmeryn frowned. "Why should he get to name him! He barely pays attention to us nowadays..." she puffed her cheeks.

"Now, now, Emmy," I sighed. "He's just busy! Being the Exalt is not easy!"