Farewell

Anna

"Must you go? I would be happy to let you stay," Lord Percy asked, even though he already knew our answer.

Mom sighed. "You have been very kind to us, Milord. However, I am afraid that we have stayed here longer than we should have."

The old lord shook his head. "You and Anna have been a blessing to this household. You never-"

"I'm talking about more...personal reasons."

I fidgeted with my hands. And no one can no those reasons. It'll only put them in danger. If I truly am as dangerous as I think, then it's best to keep others from knowing. "Thank you for everything, Percy. I will never forget all that you have taught me."

He smiled. "Ah, but it was my pleasure. I know that you will help create a world that is better for generations to come," he chuckled.

All of the skills I've learned in the past year and a half will never go stale. Cooking, piano, violin, and everything else Percy taught me. I will use them whenever I can!

"And I would like to thank you myself." Mom bowed. "I could never have taught her what you did."

"Oh, but I doubt that. I simply introduced her to new ideas," he said. "But, promise me you'll keep up where I left off. She still has much to learn."

"I promise."

I gave him one last hug. I already gave my goodbyes to Yuri and everyone else, earlier. Naga knew I would be too emotional if all of the friends I've made were here to see me off. "I won't forget you, Percy."

He let out a content sigh. "And neither will I, Anna." He pulled away and took out something that he was hiding. It was a wooden box, big enough for me to carry in both of my arms.

"What's this?" I asked, eyeing the wooden box.

He winked. "It's a chessboard. Claim some victories over your mother for me, got it?"

I gasped, nodding vigorously. "Yes, sir!"

Mom giggled, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Are you ready?"

Taking one last look at the house and Percy, I nodded. I always hated these farewells. "...Yeah. All set..."

Percy waved to us as we left. "Remember, you are welcome back any time!"

Mom waved back. "Thank you for your generosity! We won't ever forget that!"

All that was left to do was keep my eyes forward. I had to walk into the future.

I took a deep breath. "So, what's next?"

Mom's grey eyes were trained ahead of us. "...Wherever the road takes us, Little Bird. We'll figure it out together, right?"

"Right."

*****

Bai. XD I always planned for them to stay at a place for a few years so Anna can learn stuff. So I've survived a week of school! Fun! *send help* A little announcement! Starting next Sunday - September 16th - I will be posting High School Years: Sophomore Year! I'm really excited to show it to you guys! Thank you so much for reading and look forward to reading more!