Lost

Chrom
10 months later...

"Emm?" I hugged my big sister's leg. "Where's Mama?"

Emm smiled kindly at me. I liked it when she did that. "She's in her study. Did you want to see her?"

I nodded and grabbed her hand. "Uh huh!"

Emm led me down the large hallways. I looked around, everything was very big. Every day was a new adventure whenever I left my room!

"Emm, what's that?" I pointed to a large painting of a man with blue hair. That's my hair color!

Emm looked up at the painting and squeezed my hand. "That's the Hero King, Marth, Chrom," she replied.

"Marth...?"

"We're related to him, you know?" Emm smiled at me again. I like when she smiles.

I nodded. "Yeah! Papa told me!" Emm's smiled disappeared. What?! Did I say the wrong thing?! "I-I'm sorry, Emm! I didn't mean to stop your smiles!"

She kneeled down and kissed me on the head. "No, it's alright, Chrom... It's just..." she shook her head. "I'll explain it to you when you're older..."

I sniffled and hugged her. "O-Ok..."

We didn't talk after that. She took me to Mama and Papa's room and opened the big door. "You ready to see Mama, buddy?"

I bobbed my head up and down enthusiastically. "Yeah!!!" I dashed into the room and saw Mama sitting down on the couch. "Mama!!" I climbed up and sat down next to her.

Mama laughed and pulled me closer. "Hello, my little prince!" She kissed my forehead. "How are you!"

"I'm good!" I replied. I put my hands on her belly and looked up at her. "How's baby?"

Mama giggled. "Baby's fine!" she said, placing her hands on mine. "Is your big sister here?"

"I'm right here, mother," Emm said, sitting down next to me. "Are you sure you two are alright?"

Mama nodded and put her arm around Emm, pulling the both of us into a hug. "Yes, Emmy. We're fine, don't worry."

"If you say so..."

I don't get it. Ever since Mama told me I was gonna be a big brother, Emm's been super worried! Is there something wrong with Mama?

"Mama, is baby awake?" I asked. "Can they hear me?"

Mama laughed and ruffled my hair. "I'm sure they can, buddy. Why?"

"I wanna read them a story!"

Mama smiled. "Of course, you can! Go pick out a book from my shelf and you can read to them."

"Ok!!!" I jumped off the couch and ran to the bookcase. Umm...which one does Mama and Emm always read...? It's a purple book, I know that! But what's the name... Uhh... I guessed and picked up the first purple book I could find.

I ran back to them and sat down. "Got it!" I cheered. "Ok! Let's start!" I opened the book, and I was lost. "Um, ok... One...once...uh...pon...a...t-ti... Um..."

Mama patted my head. "Do you need some help, dear?" she asked.

I puffed out my cheeks and shook my head. "N-no!" Emm mouthed a few words to Mama. What did she say to Mama...? I can do this! I can read for baby! I got this! "Once...umm..."

"Upon..." I heard Emm whisper.

I looked at her. "I knew that!" I said. "Once upon a time, t-th..."

"There."

"There was a y...yo...n...g..."

"Young."

"A YOUNG princess from a kingdom called... Emm...?"

Emm giggled and took the book from me. "Don't worry, little brother! You'll learn how to read these tough words, soon!" she smiled. "Until then, I'll read for you and baby, ok?"

I smiled back at her. "Ok!"

She cleared her throat. "Once upon a time, there was a young princess from a kingdom called 'Lixoria'..."

...

I laid on the big blue carpet in the middle of my room, coloring a picture. I'll draw me, and Emm, and Mama, and Papa, and baby! Hmm...what will baby look like? Oh well! I can guess! I colored another person next to Mama, giving them blue and blonde hair. "Perfect!" Just then, I heard a knock on my door. "Come in!"

Emm came into my room and smiled. "Hey, buddy. What are you doing?" she asked.

I held up the picture. "I made a picture of our whole family!"

Emm took the picture and admired it. "Wow! This is really good, Chrom!" She ruffled my hair. "Who's this next to Mother?"

"Baby!" I replied.

"Well, it's really good!" she said, kissing my forehead. "Oh, I came here to tell you that Mother isn't feeling very good right now."

I frowned. "What? Is Mama sick?" I asked.

Emm shrugged. "We don't know, but she just needs to rest right now, ok?"

I nodded. "Ok..." I hugged her leg. "Can you take me outside?"

Emm hugged me and picked me up. "Sure thing, Chrom."

"Yay!"

...
2 days later...

It was way passed my bedtime when Emm came into my room and woke me up. "Chrom...something terrible just happened..."

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "Emm...? What's wrong...?"

Emm hugged me tightly. "Mother...she just...lost the baby..."

"Lost...? Can't she find it?"

Emm shook her head. "N-no...sadly..." she choked. "Something went wrong...and the baby is gone..."

I began to cry and I hugged her back. "S-so baby's not going to be here?" I asked.

"No... I'm so sorry..."

"Is Mama ok?! Where's Mama?! I want to see Mama!" I demanded, getting out of bed.

Emm didn't let me leave. "She's grieving right now, Chrom... Let's give her some space until morning, alright?" she asked.

"Alright..." I wiped away my tears. "Can you stay in here for tonight? I don't want to lose you..."

Emm kissed my head and crawled into bed with me. "Of course, buddy... I'll always be here for you..."

"Promise...?"

"I promise."

_________________

So this chapter ties into my headcanon that Lucia has trouble while being pregnant and while giving birth...yeah... Sorry about this being really sad. Thank you so much for reading and look forward to reading more.

Fire Emblem: Before Awakeningजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें