Ignored

Anna
2 Months Later...

"Anna? What are you doing in here all alone?"

I closed the book I was reading and turned to Lord Percy. "The other kids didn't want to play with me..." I pouted. "They're mad that I don't know how to play any games, or that I spend too much time with Mama or reading."

Percy sat down next to me. "Well, that's very foolish of them. Have they always been like this?"

I nodded. "Uh huh..."

Even though we've only been here for two months, I hated this place and wanted to leave. Everyone is mean to me except for the adults and Lord Percy. A lot of my time has been dedicated to helping Mom with her chores. When I'm not assisting her, I hole myself in the library and avoid the other kids. They didn't like me! And for no reason!

The lord frowned. "I'm terribly sorry, Anna. I'll have to talk with them, then they'll get along with you," he said.

I shook my head. "Please, don't," I sighed. "Mom said that they don't deserve my time. And they don't! I have better things to do!"

He glanced at my book. "My my, that is some very advanced material right there! I've never seen a ten-year-old so interested in learning about astrology and mythos!"

Shrugging, I began to play with the skirt of my dress. "I like looking at the stars. It feels like they're watching," I whispered. "Mama says that they are our ancestors looking down at us."

"That's...certainly interesting." He cleared his throat. "Well, if you think you're done with reading, would you like to try something new?"

My interest was immediately peaked. "Oooh! Ok!"

He let out a chuckle, standing up. "Come, follow me."

He led me to a large, ebony black piano and sat down on the bench, helping me up. He uncovered the keys, the ivory stared back at me. Then, he began to play a few notes. I watched in awe as he played. The tune was very simple, but watching how his hands moved across the keys still amazed me.

"Would you like to learn how to play?"

I broke out of my daze and nodded. "Can you really teach me?" My heart felt giddy and excited.

"Of course!" He smiled. "You'll be an amazing student. Now, watch as I do..."

...

A few hours later, I was able to follow along with him. After many attempts and tries, I gathered enough courage to play the melody while Percy played the other parts.

Even though the song was the same combination of a few notes, it made me feel strangely proud of myself. I'm playing the piano! This is so much fun!

"Very good, Anna! You've picked this up quickly!" Percy exclaimed. "You'll be a master pianist in no time!"

"Thank you, Lord Percy!"

He waved me off with a hand. "Please, drop the titles. You needn't address me as such," he said. "You know, I've always wanted to teach my granddaughter how to play. Alas, she was much too busy and uninterested in such things."

"Aww, I'm sorry," I smiled at him. "But you can teach me, now!"

He chuckled. "Indeed I can. Now, let me show you how to read sheet music. There are three main clefs but pianists use the treble clef..."

Maybe I don't get along with the other kids, but that's ok. That just means I have more time to spend with Mom and Percy! I bet he can teach me a lot of things! Yeah! That's what I'm gonna do! I'm going to dedicate these months to learning all I can!

*****

A little break from the angst . XD So my life is about to get really hectic pretty soon. I have a ton to work and focus on. He's how I think I'm gonna focus on things: the Chrom chapters are gonna be the somewhat bigger and more plot driven chapters while Anna will be somewhat of a relief (she will still move the story along, don't worry). Truth is, I want to make a plan for the chapters so I can end this series. My goal of ending it within the summer probably won't happen. Looking at the timeline, it may be late October or early November. It all really depends. We're at 41 chapters, for goodness sake! Anyway, that's just my little update. Your support means everything to me. Thank you so much for reading and look forward to reading more!