Author Note Six

Hello All,

Today I'll be sharing with you my thoughts. My homework load has decreased and I have a lot of poems that I need to share with you that I've written but I haven't typed up. I want to mention some poets that I've recently met online and I think that you should read their work as well! They are: Daninfinity22, Jimrileyenlight, and Christoast, and HardeeBurger.

Daninfinity22

If you like my work, you'll definitely like Daninfinity22's because she also writes with emotion. She also has work in Hebrew if you are able to read in that language! The book that I'm currently reading through is 'Too All My Stars'. If you've read through this book or through Kinetic Potential you'll see that a lot of poems are dedicated to her because I wrote them after reading through her poems!

HardeeBurger

I've only read one poetry book from HardeeBurger but it's worth the read! This poetry book is 'Poems, Laddie! Poems!' If you want to read something with a lot of effort and sophistication then I recommend that you read this poetry book. It's only three parts, the poems are long, but as I said they're worth the read. There's a lot of emotion placed into these three poems.

Christoast

By default I support Christoast because we both come from a Filipino background. He is half Filipino while I'm full but I messaged him and told him that I might as well be half because this last year has been the only actual year that I've spent in the Philippines. I'm Texas born and raised and when I write out my citizenship I don't declare that I'm Asian American, I'm American Asian.

He has a blog that I'd like to paste bellow:

(Well, the link won't paste into Wattpad so I recommend that you go to his profile and click there)

He post his poems on both his blog and Wattpad. You can read from either Wattpad of there! The poetry book that I recommend from him is 'Autumn, That Bastard'. The way he write is sophisticated and emotion driven. As of the time that I wrote this post he has nine parts but he's still updating it. Check it out!

Jimrileyenlight

Although we have only become friends recently I feel that we connect well! His poetry book that I've read is '50 Absurd Haiku: An Autobiograpy'. I plan on reading more of this work as he creates them. I'd like to share his youtube channel here as well. Apparently, he adds his music to his poems but for some reason my Wattpad app and when I use the website don't play the music so if you read this his poems and find that the music isn't working here is the link to his channel!

(Well, the link won't paste into Wattpad so I recommend that you go to his profile and click there)

There are other poetry books that I'll be reading of his over the time. You don't have to start with the book that I've read. His poems are short (haikus). They're not traditional haikus but that's what makes them unique. Effectively, he's created his own style of a haiku and I find them fascinating!

I recommend any of my readers to check them out. Also, if any of my readers would like me to read their work, all you have to do is message me and let me know. I prefer to read anything that has less than 25 poems and I am planning on organizing my massive 100-200 part poetry collections into smaller edited version (haha). I say this but I don't have faith that I'll be able to go through two thousand poems any time this year. (The following is the actual entry and you don't have to read it if you were one of the people I tagged but if you do I appreciate you).

For those of you who have followed me since 2010 I want to thank you for sticking around. If you're a new reader I want to welcome you to my poetry books. Poetry has been an outlet for my life and this book is specifically geared towards my travel to the Philippines.

As some of you may or may not remember from the introduction, I moved to the Philippines in April 2018 and I've been adjusting to the best of my ability. From April to July I spent most of my time with my family. I adventures as far as Candon City (from San Emilio). I'd go with my cousin to Santa Maria because that's where he went to college before and he needed to get his papers. We would later go to Vigan City to get our school arrangements in order.

My cousin went from my favorite cousin to the annoy little brother that I care about but sometimes want to smack. Honestly, I'm glad he's in my life and he has a lot of potential. I hope to see him advance in schooling whether I stick around or not.

In August to November, I began to adjust to the culture of Vigan City instead of Paltoc, San Emilio. It was hard on my own but I learned how to adjust in the end and I'm physically known by many of the NPCs in my life. By NPCS I mean by merchants, restaurant owners, tricycle drivers (taxi drivers), friendly police officers, and etc.

When I left in December I came to realize that I had taken a step in the right direction with my language learning. However, I still have a long journey to go now. At the time, I didn't realize how much I had improved since August.

For December of 2018 I went home to the United States and got to spend time with My Sun. Being home brought to my eyes how life continues regardless of my absence. Which, I know, but at the time that I experienced everything physically I was smacked by reality.

The moment I step food in the United States my family's culture suddenly reverted to the American culture and it frustrated me. To me, whether I'm in the Philippines or in America, the attitude of my family shouldn't change. I'm still part of the family. At least, that's what would make sense. However, now that I've come back to the Philippines for a second semester I've had to come to terms that when I am physically close to my family, I will not be sound with them in a cultural manner. However, when I am physically farther from them I will be culturally sound.

It is currently March and that makes two months and a half that I've been back to the Philippines. I can say right now that a lot has gone on since my first departure in April of 2018 and I will not be able to forget the people who have helped me come as far as I have today.

Thank you for listening everyone,

(March 13, 2019)DJ