Chapter 57: The borrowing race

Start from the beginning

mikan is snapped out of her thoughts as Akako gasps in excitement before grabbing Mikan and Ruka's wrists, dragging them in a certain direction. "Guys! The borrowing race is about to start!" The three kids and their friends move towards the race to watch, the twins staring in awe.

In the borrowing race, the runners run and when they get to the halfway point of their distance, they will select a piece of paper. These are special papers, and whenever someone touches it, it says to borrow the thing that the person is most uncomfortable about.

At the sound of the gunshot, the first set of runners dash down the tracks. Misaki-Sensei in the lead, followed by Yuri-Senpai, -once again- another random guy, and then Serina-Sensei.

They get to their midpoint and grab their pieces of paper from the bowl.

Misaki opens his paper to see whom he must borrow.
'High ranked shortie'
The person that first comes to his mind, being the ESP.

Yuri opens her paper and freezes.
'Girl who likes girls'
The MSP, immediately coming to her mind.

Meanwhile, Serina catches up and sweats at her paper.
'Annoying coworker'
Jinno...

After they all snap out of their daze, they take off into a sprint to go borrow people. "And they're off! Hoping to get their borrowed person and return within the three minute time limit!" Commentator-kun shouts.

And as the first runners take off in search for their people, the second runners begin their lap. The hidden Natsume, being in this group.

"The first to arrive at the box is representative Imai!" The commentator shouts in excitement.

Meanwhile, the Imai opens his paper and stops moving.
'Cute sister you love'

"What kind of order was written to get this reaction from Imai-San?!?" Everyone stares in anticipation, the male slowly and jerkily turning his head. "Imai has turned his head to a fourth five degree angle!" Subaru stares at his younger sister.

Meanwhile, the twins look at Hotaru in worry as she turns away; behind them, Misaki-Sensei grabbing Yuu by the wrist.

Just as Natsume reads his paper, everyone from the first group has returned with their borrowed people.

Once they return, their paper is supposed to shoot up into the air and explode in a firework, showing what the paper read.

Serina decided to choose Narumi instead of Jinno; Misaki chose Tobita instead of the ESP; and Yuri chose Shizune instead of the MSP, making the representative furious.

"Imai is still as solid as a rock, not moving an inch!" The commentator sighs, "Meanwhile! With our other participants-!"

'Kusami' is running until he reaches the person that he's supposed to borrow. He keeps his eyes on her, like they always have been.

Akako stood unsuspecting, smiling at her older sister marvel at the race. Suddenly, her wrist is grabbed and she's pulled forward. Her eyes look up as she stares at the back of his head, confusion coursing through her as he continues to pull her into a run.

 Her eyes look up as she stares at the back of his head, confusion coursing through her as he continues to pull her into a run