19 .

blinking at the bright ass light that filled the room. i woke up to a excruciating pain in my adomon and the temple of my head. i could here mummbles and knew it was Cross and Maria agruing probably. i wanted to move but my body wasnt responding to me, thats wen i felt a hand touch my forearm. i forced my eyes opened as that light took ocer my full view of the person's face. it faded slowly as my eyes adjusted and Cross looked down at me with big black eyes. "How you feeling Avah?" he asked frowning, he looked worried and it was a look i didnt want from him.

he had no right being worried for me.

i opened my mouth, but my throat was so dry i let out a cough and whinced at the damn pain that went threw my entire body. "it hurts to breath" i choked

"Do you remember what happened?" his voice floated. i remember gunshot and my screams, but it was a huge empty spot in my head and i could feel my heart quicken as sounds of guns going off and my screams magnified over Cross moving lips. "Avah take a deep breath" the moniter started beeping faster

"She was probably being a slut" Maria suggested with a cold smirk and she looked over me with disgust. "poor lil hoe than got herself 'raped', shot up and beat up" she shakes her head "They should have killed you cold" she mumbled

"Maria go somewhere bye"

" Nigga, dont tell me to leave. you fucking her too so dont pretend like" he stopped her with a slap.

"Shut that dumb shit up and get" he pointed to the door "ill call someone to get you to your money"

"Fuck you" he gave her a devil's smile and watched her walk out. She looked back at me giving me a devil's eye, she would have been happy if i was dead. She gave me that look cause i was alive.

The pain increased everytime i made a move or something, i was missing out on school and thats what really was starting to freak me out. i needed school, school was what was going to take me away.

Voices whispered in my head, Gunshots sounded and a feared girl screams sliced into my memories as i thought hard on the night. It was so much pain and i was thrown behind a dumbster like i was nothing. i looked up at Cross who sat back down in his thoughts. The last person i wanted in this room was him, pretending he cared. to him i was only a great fuck.

Nothing more.

He didnt see me as a little girl.

he never did.

i laid up in the hospital, the nurse came in annualy to check on me. bring me ice to munch on. It tasted so good, i didnt know how much my throat was dry until that cold liquid hit the right spots.

Cross sat and turned the TV, "Are you going to hit me when we get home?" i asked him. He turned his head and stared at me questionably.

"Nah, you just got to be more careful on the streets Avah. you aint do nothing wrong. Get some rest them ladies gonna be in here ina few to check yo stitches and shit ite?"

He didnt even seem fazed, in fact, Cross seemed too cool and collelected right now. He would have been asking question after question trynna figure out what happened that night, trynna see who did it. Even thou my brain felt swollen, he probably would have been punching walls till i remembered. Instead he sat and didnt say a word..

i wasnt able to think deeper in my thoughts because my eyes got heavy and the lights around me dimmed as i fell back to sleep.

___________________

You think Cross already know who did it? Or maybe he just dont care?

what you think bout Avah's mother? Trifling aint she :/ Smh