3 . "Baby Girl"

It was Cold Out Baltimore and it was even colder in my house. There was no food and the water had turned off.

Three months, and today was suppose to be a very special day for me. I was 11 years old today, and here i was starving. i smelled like outside. I had been having cramps on the side of my stomach and discomfront and when i went into the bathroom i was bleeding on my panties I seen my mother stick little long cottons up inside her before and it was all i could find so i stuck it up there in tears, i didnt understand how people could do that to themselves. I was even happier when i found out it was over after a few days, but we were out of tampons now and the next one could be coming any day now. My mind flipped. thinking about that pain again.

I knew my mother kept a stash hidden somewhere but she was good at hiding it. Her room was filled with bra's and thongs, her queen sized bed with cheetah covers. Seeing the blue vase in the corner, i walked to it and dumped out all the dirt and flowers. "Jackpot" i smiled picking up the all the 50 and 100 dollar bills.

Running to my room, i threw on a pair of jeans, my white Dc's and Nike's hoodie i took from my mom. throwing my long curly hair into a bun, and looked outside it was dark but the CVS was opened 24 hours.

What gave me hope is that as soon as i tried the light it turned right back on which meant someone payed the bill. i grabbed the house key tucked it in my pocket and out the house i went locking the door behind me

The street was worse then when i looked out the window, boys smoked in groups being loud, Girls in their group and hookers walking the streets. i put my hood on my head and stuffed my hands in my pockets as i walked. "Aye ma" i turned my head seeing a group of boys following me. i kept walking my heart beating fast "Aye Yo Avah i know you heard me"

a hand gripped on my arm forcing me to turn around "where u going beautiful?" words got stuck deep in my throat and trying to pull away his grip got tighter. His name was Rico and he went to my school. he was sexy as hell but his attitude was ugly and scary.

"Get away from me" i said simply wanting to run away.

"Im saying we could be friends and chill tonight if you want. Me and my boys just hanging out, we can blaze you"

My eyes widened at the 6 boys behind him " I gotta go get my mama something from the store, i gotta go please get off me"

Grabbing me by the hair i tried to fight back but it was no point "Dont bullshit us bitch, we know yo momma and dad aint been home word on the street you gotta free crib to kick it at"

He's eyes looked me over and licked his lips "I dont know what you talking about" i said Seeing a police car roll up.

"Is there a problem here kids?" the officer said after he rolled his window down.

"No Sir" Rico smiled letting go of my arm waiting for the officer to leave. i was stuck at words if they stopped and checked us they'd find out about both my parents being gone and would take me away to Foster Care. "Avah, we know yo moms a hoe so im assuming the apple dont fall far from the tree" he pulled me into him breathing his hot breath down my neck "what'd you say me and my boys take you back to yo place" he rubbed on my ass fear and anger ripped outta me and i pushed him off me and ran. Him and his boys right beside me running.

It was a nightmare, why were they so evil to me? Luckily i made it in the store with heavy breaths and tears in my eyes. my cheeks were burning and ears rung, and Rico smiled "we goin be waiting out here for you baby" he blew me a kiss.

Tears ranned down my face, as i stalled walking threw the asle of the store picking up food and stuff. "Excuse me baby girl, but are those boys out there for you?"

i looked up and saw a lightskin women with extensions in her head and bright red lipstick. She wore a tight red dress that wrapped around her small waist and large hips well with a purse in the crook of her arm. she stood at least 5'7 with heels on giving her height. I could tell she was a hooker as she held a pack of trojan condoms in her hand "how old is you baby girl?"

"11"

"and you fucking all them boys?" she realized my teary eyes and frowned "Is they harressing you baby"

"I think they going to do something to me when i leave this store" My heart was racing and her judgmental look turned into sadness.

"Ill walk you home, Go ahead and get your stuff baby girl" she walked with me to the desk and waited for me to get my things. Holding my bags i walked behind her out the store Rico reached for me But the women pulled out a gun and put it too his temple "Yall boys stop fucking with this lil girl you hear me? or yo muthafucking brains going to be splattered all in front of this CVS"

Rico scowled at me "i aint mean no harm, thought shawty was down"

"If a girl runs baby, She aint interested. Now run off somewhere and find another girl"

Rico smacked his lips looking like he was about to beat blood from me, but he only nodded his head and walked off. "Come on baby girl" she started to walk with her hips swaying as if she was dancing to some slow jams in her head.

Once we got to my place she let me put my things up to make sure i got in safe, " i never got your name" i told her when i came back out.

"I dont have a name" she smirked and chuckled under her breath. "Dont even tell me your name" she said when she saw my lips move to greet myself.

"Well thanks for what happened back there, i appreciate it" The women smiled and her eyes got glossy as she looked over me as if she was going to cry.

"Stay off these streets baby Girl" was all she said before walking away.

_______________________

Good things can come from unexpecting places.

Make sure to vote.

Next Chapter coming soon.