17 . I'm innocent

i woke up in the hospital, Cross sat on the chair watching a football game. He was trued out from head to toe and his cell phone was vibrating like crazy giving me the worse head ache.

i blinked looking around, "You up?" Cross voice broke the silence "Cause you got alot of clearing up too do?"

"C-Cross i found-" i said slow remembering everything that  happened, he shook his head

"I know what the fuck you found Avah, you told me yo ass was at a football game"

"i wasnt, i sat at the park and burned Rico's Sim card"

Anger filled in his eyes "I told you to handle that months ago, fuck you just now doing it now for"

"Dont do that! talking to me like you considering i killed her, we both know who did it" a silence came between us as we replayed the bloody scene i caught him in and the phone call he made.

... i smoked her ass up and hid her ...

"you told the police you knew her, how the fuck you know a woman like her? dont let me find out you was hoeing like her Avah" his fist balled up as he sat on the edge of his seat.

"She saved me a long time ago, walked me home, actually cared for me. This was before i knew you, around the time my daddy left for good and my momma walked out to find a nigga.... you. i met you the very next day and She was out my life for good"

he wiped sweat from his forehead irritated, as he stared me down "Well when the Detective nigga comes in you make sure to tell him everything"

"Even the-" he gave me a death look

"You know what parts to keep out, if you know whats best for you Avah Skye" a soft tap at the door came and Detective Woodberry stepped in.

"Hey, am i interrupting something here" he said studying the both of us, the upset look on both our faces.

"No not at all, i was just explaining to her how important it was to tell you all the truth"

"It is, most cases like this is sad because we never come across the shooter... Miss Avah do you know the shooter?" he looked at me with his blue eyes and pulled up a chair.

"No" i told him glancing over at Cross "I don't but i wish i did"

"Alright well where would you like to start"

"What do you mean?"

"Telling me where you were this morning from the time of 12:35 AM all the way up to 9:30 PM or you can start at how you knew Faith Clarks"

"Faith Clarks?"

"The woman you claim to know, that is her name" i blinked back tears and told him i wanted to start with the night i met her.

I explained everything to him, i told him where i was at those times all the way up to me just sitting at the park. i told him i burned a sheet of paper i got from people who bullied me. because i knew the park had a camera and he'd be checking it. i also knew that the way i sat they wouldnt be able to tell if it was A sheep of paper or something else.

"Look Detective Woodberry, i wish i knew Faith and there were so many night i slept dreaming of her.  She saved my life and left not leaving me a name. She told me it was better if i didnt know, when i walked in the forest i didnt expect to find her. i wish i never found her, she didnt deserve that. i did the right thing calling you guys because she did the right thing that night for me"

He stopped me seeing i was tearing up and starting to stumble over my words. "Avah, thank you for everything. i believe you and i'll be getting back to you soon if anything comes up" he stood and shook my hand "I'm sorry for your lost" he said walking out.

"Wait!" he stopped looking back "Did she have any family?"

"No, her parents are dead and we couldnt find any body else like aunties and uncles close to her. Even on her parents records theres no record of family"

i looked down dissapointed "If you can, can you let me know when she'll be buried. i'd like to go"  he studied me and seeing my realness he nodded and gave me a slight smile

"Take Care Avah" he said shutting the door behind him.

"Good job Avah" Cross said standing up with a slick smile "Now i can finish business"

______________________________

Do you think Avah should have told?

Comment & Vote .

Any questions just ask :) i'll clear it up.

please keep in mind ima be editing things , nothing major though

& Give me insight on what you think

Goal:

30 Votes

20 comments

- Kisses &  €njoy ! :)

Lots more to Read !