twelve.

The past few days were normal. I walked to school with Chan, Jisung, and Jeongin, tried to ignore Minho during astronomy, tried to interact with everyone at lunch but Changbin stayed silent of course. Even did more portraits during art.

I was at Jeongin's house helping him bake a cake for his mom for her birthday while she was at work. If I wasn't there to help, he probably would've made Jisung come help, then the house would've been nonexistent after a fire blew in flames.

"Are you going to pipe some designs with the icing?" I asked the 'small' boy as I pulled the cake from the oven and set it on the counter.

"Can you do it?" He gave me puppy eyes. How could I say no? I sighed and nodded my head, getting the icing bags and all the millions of colors he bought, filling up the bags.

My phone began ringing. I looked at Jeongin and pointed at the naked cake. "Get the icing in the tub and cover the cake." He nodded and began to get a scoop of icing on a spatula while I grabbed my phone off the countertop. It was Jisung. I quickly slid the button to the right, placing the phone against my ear.

"Yes?"

"Why aren't you home?"

"Why are you at my house?"

It was silent for a moment. "Stuff. Not the point. Where are you?"

"Jeongin's."

"Oh. Well- Oh hey! Yeah he's in his room. I'll be there in a minute. You guys can get started." I just watched the fox ice the cake while wondering who the hell Jisung was talking to. "When will you be home?"

"Whenever I'm done helping this baby decorate the cake we made for his mom."

"Okay. I gotta go." He instantly hung up.

"What did he want?" Jeongin asked as he handed me the pipping bag filled with hot pink icing.

"He wanted to know why I wasn't home?" I shrugged and began adding a boarder around the top and bottom of the cake.

What seemed like thirty minutes was actually two hours of decorating the cake. I would've been finish a long time ago, but Jeongin being the way he is wanted to add more details after I would finish what he added before. In the end, we had a good size vanilla cake with white icing covering it, boarded with hot pink icing, several 3-D icing roses and sunflowers in the upper left and bottom right corners. In the middle was a quick 'portrait' of his mom, because he felt like he needed to have her face on it. And in purple letters "Happy Birthday, I love you!" in my handwriting, and "-Jeongin" underneath it in his handwriting.

"Wow, we should be cake decorators!" He smiled at the cake proudly.

"You mean I should be the cake decorator while you tell me to add more and more to the cakes." I chuckled.

Right on queue, the front door opened and closed. His mom walked in looking exhausted, carrying balloons that said "Happy Birthday" all over them.

"Close your eyes!!!" Jeongin screamed. She stopped and laughed, covering her eyes with her free hand. He nudged me with his elbow, telling me to help him hold one side of the cake so we can both present it. We quickly, but carefully, walked to her. "Okay, open!"

She slowly uncovered her eyes and looked down at the cake. She gasped and covered her mouth, a huge smile forming. "You guys." Tears formed in her eyes and she carefully hugged us both. "You didn't have to do this."

"It was all Jeongin's idea. I was just the decorator." I smiled.

She grabbed the cake from our hands and walked back into the kitchen, setting it on the counter. She quickly pulled her phone out from her purse and took a quick picture. I sighed in amazement at our work. I didn't even know I could do a portrait in icing. Learn something new everyday.