Chapter-35 : Sponsalia

Start from the beginning

I laughed and sat down on the couch in the living room while my to be mother in law started to greet me with a lot of snacks and drinks even though I said I was full. To be honest, I looked at her with a bit of surprise as she was without her hijab today. She As far as I know, I and my make relatives are still some guys from outside and she should have been in a hijab right now. I wonder how Shayba is going to appear? Will she put a lot of makeup? She is beautiful anyway.

After a long phase of introduction and chatting with her whole family, finally Shayba's dad asked her mom, "Why don't you bring Shayba downstairs now?"

"Yes, yes, I'm going."she ran out of the room keeping me waiting like crazy. My heart paced faster and I was becoming impatient with each second passing. I sat with my backbone straight and fixed my tie. God! I'm sweating!
I felt mom's hand pressing on my back with a bit assurance as she tried to hide her smile, "Are you being nervous?"
"No, absolutely not."
She chuckled seeing my expression and whispered, "You really want her to be your wife, don't you?"
"Mom. Stop laughing. And why? You have a doubt?"I threw a glare.
She hugged me from the left, "No. I just hope she loves my child like I do and takes a good care of him."
I smiled and stared at her but couldn't utter a word. I hope the same mom.

Finally we heard sounds of the bride appearing and wow there she was.

Taking little steps towards us with her family surrounding her. I didn't even know when I stood up from the couch staring at her without a blink. She was wearing light pink and under the veil over her head, I was relieved to see a hijab of the same colour. I knew she would not leave wearing hijab in front of all these people even if her mother killed her. She barely put on makeup unlike every other bride which soothed my mind even more.

Then she glanced up and her eyes were locked with mine and I swear,

My world just stopped that instant.

Shayba's P.O.V.

"Ready?"

"Yes, mom."

"Come."she smiled and kissed my temple.

"Are you okay with the dates we discussed? One month later?"Dad asked me.

"Yes, Alhumdulillah dad."I let out a soft sigh. I have exams coming on in two weeks, so I cannot by any means, take the risk of getting married while I am busy preparing for my exams.

"Let's go then."

I took one last glance at the mirror twigging my face. I have applied makeup as light as possible by myself and now I am suddenly worried what everyone, especially Abir will think of me.

I don't know exactly when I mentally started to call him by his nickname. It just happened eventually. I just knew that I was prepared to accept him completely as my life partner for the rest of my life.

I knew how he looked today from the picture Annaba showed me, and even though I wanted to deny, my heart skipped a beat seeing his wide grin. I descended the stairs carefully with my parents and siblings when my eyes fell upon him.

Our eyes were locked and it took me a while to get back to my senses to lower my gaze. I barely suppressed my laugh seeing his reaction. God! Someone please tell him to stop smiling like an idiot.

"What? Can't take off your eyes?" Anu exclaimed excitedly. This girl is so embarrassing!

"Yeah, it was hard." he laughed from my opposite seat and then finally looked elsewhere. Argh!

"Masha-Allah she is very pretty." One of his aunts stated.

"Jazakillahu Khairan, aunty."

They asked my name and whereabouts, if I read Quran or not, if I said my daily prayers or not once again before proceeding with the real ceremony.