The Part Where I Break Free

Chapter 35

Mitch's POV

"My Ashley, IS IN THE ICU?!" I shout. Jerome grips my shoulder and I wince in pain.

"Yes, normal hospital treatment wasn't working and there was urgent. She is under great care Mr. Hughes" he says tapping his fingers on his clipboard.

"I want to see her" I say coldly.

"Mr. Hughes...."

"That's Mitch to you!" I shout.

"Mitch! Calm down!" Mark shouts.

"I don't want to calm down! I want to see my girlfriend!" I scream. The room goes silent. So silent, you can hear a pin drop and hear it until it becomes quiet. Everyone looks at me, then stares at the doctor.

"Alright, but wait at least about 15 minutes, so the liquid can settle." He says, standing in the doorway.

"Fine. But I want to be left alone" I look at everyone. "Sorry guys. I know you have been looking for me. But I just want to be alone" They all nod their heads and exit the room, the doctor following them. As soon as they were out of sight, and they couldn't hear me anymore, I let the tears flow down my face.

~

The doctor came back in my room. I turned my head from the TV and to him.

"Alright," He says walking towards me. He gently pulls the IVS out of my arm and wrapped a bandage around my arm, where the IV was. I stand up, my legs shaking a bit as the doctor leads me past the nurses rushing from, or to the ICU, giving looks at me. After a while of walking through the mazes of hallways, he stopped me in front of a room.

"She's in here?" I ask pointing at her room.

"Yes." He says. "She could be awake, or she could most likely be sleeping."

"It doesn't matter. I want to see her" I say.

"You have about 10 minutes with her. Then you can see her again in a few more hours." He opens the door. I walk in looking at the floor and I close it looking up at her. Her pale, small body laying on the bed, tubes in her arms. My hand instantly flies to my mouth. I feel hot tears in my eyes. I walk over to her bed, feeling a hot tear down my cheek.

"Oh Ashley." I say as my voice cracks. A lump finds it way into my throat.

(You know that feeling 😬)

"I'm so sorry. I should have done everything I could to stop Ryan" Tears were now streaming down my cheeks like a river. I grasp her cold, pale and small hand.

"Please stay Ashley" I say kissing her cheek. "I love you" I cry over her limp body. "Come back my beautiful Ashley." I say gasping. "Please"

I feel her grasp my hand. I look up at her, and see her smooth chocolate eyes looking at me.

"I'll stay" She says. A smile appears on my face and I lift my head above hers, and kiss her warm, soft lips. A spark raises inside of me. She breaks away with a smirk on her face.

"Mitch, we can't do this in a hospital! Later" I smile.

"You heard all of that?" I ask.

"Yes. I did"

"Yeah. Cheesy. I know" I say rubbing the back of my neck with my hand.

"No. I think it was very sweet" She says with that cute smile of hers.

"I just want you to know that, my beautiful penguin"

"I'm not beautiful." She says shyly. "I don't even see why you love me"