Red, White and Blue

A/N- This is the second part of the late Forth of July chapter! Also, thanks to all of my fangirl/fanboy bookworms who got this book to 4,000 reads! It is so crazy that this book has gotten so popular so quickly and I want to thank you all! But, no more yapping from me, please enjoy! Keep calm and read on! ~Natalia 😊💕

Chapter 11

Ashley's POV

"MITCH! ASHLEY! STOP MAKING OUT AND GET DOWN HERE!" Jerome screamed upstairs. Mitch and I broke apart, blushing a bit at Jerome's comment.

"Sorry about him. I don't know what's gotten into him lately." he said.

"It's okay. Sometimes, people change."

"Yeah, but it's Jerome. And he's NEVER like this!"

"GUYS!" He screamed again. Me and Mitch walked out of his room and down the stairs.

"He never has been like this?" I asked, unsure of what Mitch just said.

"No. Hardly back home" Mitch said. Every step we took, we headed closer to Jerome. "Just put on a smile and say that I just wanted to make out. Okay?" Mitch whispered to me quickly. I plastered on a fake smile, so did Mitch.

"What took you so long?" He asked, Louise by his side. The others were waiting by the door, waiting for us.

"Wanting to edit was my way of trying to make out with Ashley upstairs" Mitch faked.

"I KNEW IT!" Adam yelled happily. "I CALLED IT!"

"Yeah. Sorry" I said, trying to make my smile more realistic .

"Well, let's go before the sun goes down!" Louise said, breaking the awkwardness between us.

Thank you Louise.

Jerome shook his head and we all started filing out the door. Me and Mitch walked past Louise and I mouthed.

"Thank you" to her. She shook her head and we walked past them. We all crowded around the cars.

Here we go again.

"Okay guys" Mitch said. "No question, Ash, go and get in the passenger's seat" Mitch said grinning. I gave him a smile and headed into his car. Mitch does have a nice car. I set myself in the passenger's seat, and put on the seatbelt. Adam and Alesa came in the backseat and Mitch appeared in the driver's seat.

"Adam, do we have the drinks," Mitch said starting to list things he made sure we brought.

"Check!" He said wearing a smile.

"Markers just in case we meet any fans,"

"Check!"

"Blankets so we can find a good spot to camp,"

"Check!"

"Food,"

"Check!"

"Our phones,"

"Check!"

"And also some money?" He finished.

"Check!"

"Aren't you taking this a little bit too seriously?" Alesa asked.

"I just want this to be perfect because this is Ashley's first Forth of July with us."

"You really care about me that much?" I asked, blushing.

"Yeah. You are my poofy penguin after all!" He said, his chocolate brown eyes staring into mine, making me melt.