The Ninja Strikes Again

Chapter 20

Ashley's POV

After hours of talking, kissing, and watching some random movies and shows on TV, I never realized how fast the time flew by. It is now 10:52 PM.

"You know Mitch" I said. "Even though I'm in a hospital room right now, and I'm hooked up to this stupid heart monitor, this has actually been fun"

"Yeah. It has been"

"So, was this like, a date?" I asked.

"I guess so"

"Well, we should do this again sometime. Well, except, not in the hospital or hooked up to a heart monitor. And I'm dressed in something nice, and I look better than this"

"Hey! You always look good, even in this hospital!"

"Thanks Mitch"

"I'm just telling you the truth"

"Mitch. Can I just say, you are the best boyfriend ever?"

"Well, I do try!" He says. I give him a quick kiss on the cheek in return.

"What? Only the cheek?" He smirks. I hear the door open and the doctor stands in front of me.

"Well, Miss Surcombe, you seem to show no damage except a bruise on your left jaw line, and a medium sized scrape across your right cheek." I felt my cheek and it does seem like a big one. "But there was nothing else we could find wrong with you. So, you can go"

"I can go?" I asked.

It's too good to be true.

"Yes. You're lucky you know?"

"Yes!" I screamed throwing my fists up in the air.

"Just let me unhook you from the machine and you can go" He said.

~

Mitch drove me back to the house, the stars shining brightly in the dark night sky to guide us home. I looked out at the window, watching the houses appear and disappear from my vision.

"We're home" Mitch said, snapping me out of daze.

"Oh." I say looking out at the front window. "So we are" I pulled off the seatbelt and slipped out of the car. Mitch did as well. Jerome's car and Jason's is parked in the driveway.

"I have a feeling that all the lights are going to be turned off, and they will probably try to give us heart attacks!" Mitch says.

"True. We know them too well"

"How about, we sneak in, through the backdoor?" Mitch asks.

"Alright" I say. We walk around the house, open the back gate and close it without disturbing a soul. We walked around to the backyard and Mitch started to creep towards the door. I looked around the pool and saw something that made me have an evil grin creep on my face.

"Mitch wait!" I whispered. He stopped and looked at me. I reached down and grabbed two water guns. An evil smile creeped across Mitch's face.

"Now, that's my girl" He said. I tossed him one and we dipped the guns in the pool, filling it with cold water. I looked in the window, and Jerome, Louise, Rob, and Jason were gathered in the living room watching Lost Tapes. We slowly opened the door, closing it without leaving a trace. There's a counter that separates the kitchen from the living room, so we could easily squirt them. Mitch peeks up at the unsuspecting people and comes back down. He leans in closer.

"They are watching the Oklahoma Octopus episode. So this is perfect" He whispers. "When the dramatic music starts to come on, we jump up and we attack! Okay?"