Rain on the Roof

• Dedicated to Mitchell Donald Ralph Hughes and Ashley Marie Surcombe

Chapter 24

Mitch's POV

The thunder outside makes a roar when the lightning finished on cue. The rain bounces off and falls on the window. I jolt awake from my nightmare, looking around making sure it is reality. We are asleep on top of the covers, Ashley was still in my arms sleeping.

It was just a dream.

I slip my arm out from under Ashley and get up slowly from the bed and rushed downstairs. I ran into the living room, hold in head with my hands.

"What is wrong with me?" I whisper to myself. I feel like a grenade, I'm about to blow up. "Why do I keep having these dreams about losing Ashley?"

"Because you will" A dark voice says in my head that sounds like Natalie.

"Ashley only feels sorry for you. She knows what you did to yourself in the past" A voice that sounds like Preston says.

"Get out of my head!" I scream into the couch. I feel tears going down my face. "I can't live anymore" I say sobbing. "But I have to. For my friends, and the subscribers. And Ashley" I whisper. I just want to hide where no one can find me.

Then I hear a faint knock on the door. I stand up and run to the front door. I wipe my tears away and turn the knob and answer it. The thunder came on cue as soon as I saw who it was.

"Natalie" I say. She walks in the house and scraps her feet on the rug. She runs into the living room. "Can I help you?" I almost shout. She looks at me with something wild in her eyes.

"Mitch." She says coming closer to me. The rain starts pouring harder outside. "I need you"

"What do you want?" I say coldly.

"Well," She says putting her hands on my shoulders. The rain was starting to match my heartbeat. Fast and getting faster. "I was thinking and, since Ashley is pretty much nothing." She says, pressing her body against mine. "I could have you to myself tonight"

"Look Natalie. If I'm going to lose my virginity, I want to lose it to Ashley" I said smacking my hand to my mouth.

"Well. Looks as of that's not going to happen" She says, moving her mouth closer to mine. I backaway as she peels her jacket off her body.

"Natalie! I want nothing to do with you!" I scream without hesitate. I hear some soft feet coming from the stairs. Ashley is standing at the bottom of the staircase.

"What is going on?" She groans. She sees Natalie and her eyes widen with fear.

"Ashley." I mouth. "Run." She starts dashing up the stairs and Natalie runs after her. I started taking off after her. Ashley starts to run to my room but Natalie grabs her leg and Ashley lands on her stomach, and she let out another scream. Natalie pinned Ashley to the ground and started to swing on her. I ran to Natalie and try to pry her off of Ashley.

"NATALIE! LET GO!" I scream. Lights come on in the rooms and everyone starts to come out of their room. They all start panicking and everyone starts helping me pull Natalie off of Ashley.

"GOD DAMMIT NATALIE! LET GO!" I scream again. I managed to get Natalie off of Ashley, but she turned her head and popped me in the mouth.

Damn, she punches hard.

A silence drew over everyone. I looked up and wiped the blood from my nose and head to Ashley's side. I give her my hand and pull her up. She pulls herself close to me and I wrap my arm around her waist.

"Are you okay Ash?" I ask, looking at a bruise Natalie left on her jaw.

"Yeah." She croaks. She glares at Natalie. "I'm fine" Natalie has a look of shock in her eyes.

"Natalie Casanova." I shout. "I want you out of this goddam house, and away from me and Ashley!" I say getting up in her face. A wicked smile appeared on her face as she smashed her lips on mine. I pull away from 2 seconds in the kiss.

"That's it." Jason says grabbing Natalie's arm. The other Team Crafted guys grabbed Natalie and started carrying her downstairs.

"What the hell just happened?" Ashley asked.

"I don't know Ash. I don't know." I say pulling her close. I pick her up bridal style and carry her to my bedroom. I set her down on my bed and she holds my face in her hands.

"She got you real bad" she said.

"She got you too" She says holding my nose. She grabs the tissues from my desk and hands me one. I lay back and she puts the tissue gently in my nose.

"Thank you Poofy Penguin" I say. She smiles.

"Your welcome"

"What about your bruise?" I ask. She touches it, but flinches a bit.

"It's okay. Don't worry about it."

"No. It's not. It's a really deep color of purple." I pull Ashley's face a little closer. I kiss Ashley's jaw line and she smiles.

"I love you Mitch" She says.

"I love you too Ashley" I say kissing her bruise again. "Only you."

Well. I have no idea what I was think when I wrote this chapter...

-

Oh well! ☺️

-

What did you think about Natalie and Ashley's chick fight?

-

Also. No, Ashley and Mitch didn't do 'the dirty.' Yet. 😏

-

Louise and Natalie liked my IG pic on @__Benjas_Betty__ (Me) (;▽;)

-

And my cousin keeps on sulking whenever I just try to write my book. So (())

-

Also srry for the short chapter my bookworms! 😞

-

There's nothing else that I can say...

-

But remember! Leave past like if you enjoyed, follow if you're new and would like to see more, and leave a comment on what you thought of this chapter! Feedback is very much appreciated!

-

Keep calm and read on!

-

~Nat ☺️💕

-