Ashley Aresment

Chapter 12

Ashley's POV

"So, what should I do if Preston does anything sneaky?" I asked Mitch.

"Well, you should just think of anything about him that you know"

"Have you done anything about it?"

"Well, I blackmailed him and said, if he comes anywhere near you, I'll reveal his deepest darkest secret."

"That is?" I asked, my voice trailing off. He gave me the signal to come closer. I leaned in and he whispered it in my ear. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Holy." I placed my hand over my mouth.

How could Preston hide this? And get away with it....

"Yeah." He said with disappointment.

"Who else knows?"

"Kenny, Rob and me. Now you. And I know that he'll try to be the sneaky cactus he is, he will want to get what he wants"

"And when did this happen?"

"A few days ago. You can't let him know that you know that. He'll just hurt me or you"

"Okay. I promise" I said crossing my heart. "How could he hide this?"

"I don't know. And he made the stupidest decision telling us."

"Yeah. But anyway, I gotta take a rain check" I said standing up.

"Where you going?"

"The girls want to meet me at Starbucks" I said grabbing my purse. "Annie is picking me up"

"Oh okay. Have fun!" He said cheerfully, kissing my cheek. I smiled and kissed his cheek back.

"Thanks!" I said waving and walking out of his room. I walked outside and saw Annie outside in her convertible. I walked up and hopped into the front seat. Annie stretched her arms out and I slid into them.

"How have you been Ash? It's been months!" She says happily.

"I've been good. What about you?" I asked back.

"Great!" She says starting up her car. We started to drive off, but Annie likes music. Who doesn't? She turned on the radio and we jumped in the middle of Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke. We started singing/shouting the lyrics as we went. At every stoplight, we would get stares, but we didn't care. After a while of singing along to a few songs, we arrived at Starbucks. Louise, Jocelyn, Alesa, and Maddie were outside at a table talking to each other. Annie found a parking space and we hopped out of the car, walking over to them. They looked up at us, a smile spreading across their faces. Jocelyn got up and wrapped her arms around me, as I did the same with her.

"It's been too long Ashley!" Jocelyn said. "Sorry I wasn't at your party, I was out of town for some business matters and all that BS"

"Yeah. But at least you have time to relax!" I said.

"True. But only a month and then I have to fly to Chicago for MORE BUSINESS BS!" She said angrily sitting down. I sat in the seat beside Maddie and Alesa. "It's just too much. And I just got back today and I can barely spend any time with. Ty!"

"I'm sorry Jocelyn." Alesa said, rubbing her arm.

"It's okay. It's not your fault. It's my bitchy boss's fault!"

"Why don't you quit?" Louise asked.

"Because, I met him in the past and I sold part of my soul to him. And I can't get it back" She said sadly.