Nicknames and Shots Fired

A/N I spilt the Forth of July chapter in 2 parts because, it was going to be a REALLY long chapter. But the next part of the chapter will come out in a few days! I promise! ~Natalia 💕

Chapter 10

Mitch's POV

I watched Ashley go upstairs, in anger, on the verge of tears. Rob walked out of the living room, looking down at his feet. When I was about to open my mouth to say something, Rob held up a finger.

"Save it" He said. "I'll leave if you want. I was just trying to protect my little sister" Rob grabbed his car keys and left, slamming the door.

"At least he was dressed!" Jason tries to joke.

"When are the others coming over?" I asked.

"Like who?" Adam asked.

"Like, Alesa, Natalie, Louise, Mark"

"Oh! They are coming in a few hours so we can all head to the 4th of July Festival. Why do you ask?"

"Because, even if everyone is watching, even the whole world, I will pound Natalie and her sorry little-" I started to stomp up the stairs. But I was stopped by Adam, grabbing my arm.

"Dude! She's a girl! You can't hit girls!" Adam said.

"If they expose the wrong way about #Mashley, then I can and I will" I said as I pulled my arm out of Adam's grasp.

"Guys! We all need to shower, eat, WE HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING EXCEPT WATCH MITCH ROB AND ASHLEY FIGHT!" Jerome screamed, his shouting bouncing off the walls. "A BACCA NEEDS TO GET READY SO I DON'T GO ALL HAM ON YOU!"

"Jerome is right" I said. "We should. And I gotta cheer up my girlfriend" I finished running up the stairs. The others started trampling up the stairs, going into Jason or Adam's rooms. The only rooms with the attached bathrooms. I looked in the bathroom next to my room, sure enough Ashley was already in the shower, humming along with the beat of the water droplets falling and hitting her or the ground. I went back into my room, waiting for Ashley. I looked in her suitcase, finding a picture of her and her sister Tara, and her family. Ashley has told me her mom was abusive, but she was sent to prison in 2012. Her dad was abused by her as well. And well, Ashley doesn't really like to talk about it.

"What are you doing?" Ashley said. I turned my head to see her, in her towel, mad.

"I just saw the picture at the corner of my eye and..." I said, my voice starting to trail off. Ashley's anger started to turn to sorrow.

"Sorry I snapped. I just, hormones. You know?"

"Sure" I said with a smirk. "It's okay"

"Thanks"

"Well, I better hop in the shower and get ready. We are going to get food and stuff today"

"Stop! You're making me hungry already!" She said, throwing a random sock from her suitcase. It hit my chest and fell to the floor.

"Really Ash?" I said.

"What? It's the first thing I could find!" She said.

"Right. Anyway, be right back" I said, disappearing from the doorway. As I turned on the water, I started thinking,

Ashley hated her mom. And her mom hated her back. Why does she still have a picture of her?

Ashley's POV

I already have my clothes on, and I'm fixing my poof in the mirror. I look in the corner of the mirror and see the photo Mitch was looking at. I look at the picture, it's spell already sending me to it. I hold it in my hands and I still see the pain in my eyes that my mom was not arrested yet. As I looked at it, a horrible memory started flashing in my mind.