Good News and Bad News

Chapter 18
Mitch's POV
Me and Lachlan finally made it back to the Team Crafted house. We both jumped out of the car and ran up to the front door. The door was cracked a bit open, so we walked in. The house was completely empty and dark.
"Lachlan, I need you to be alert. Someone else could be in the house" I whispered.
"Alright. You can search the upstairs and I could search the downstairs."
"Sounds like a plan" He said walking away. I started to tip-toe up the stairs, the stairs responding to me with a creek. When I got to the top, I walk to the first room on the left. Jason's room.
Empty.
Then Rob's room.
Empty.
Then I started to hear voices. Not in my head; actual voices. I started to creep across the top floor to the only room where they were starting to get louder.
Jerome's room.
I look inside to see Louise and Jerome on her bed. Louise was holding her head in her hands, and Jerome was trying to embrace her. I open the door slowly, and started to walk towards them.
"Jerome? Louise?" I said softly. They both looked at me.
"Hey." Jerome said.
"What happened?" I asked.
"Ashley was hit in the head with a brick through her window. We heard the glass shatter, so we all came to her room. Ashley was surrounded in the glass, and we tried to wake her up, but we couldn't. So, I called an ambulance, and they took Ashley away."
Louise started sobbing in Jerome's arms.
"W-what?" I crocked.
"There's a possibility. And there was more, but they didn't tell us" I feel to my knees and put my hands over my face.
I couldn't lose Ashley. Not now.
"Where was she checked in?"
"Scott&White"
"Take me there"
~
"Ashley Marie Surcombe" I said.
"Down the hall, 3rd door to your right." The reception lady said pointing down the hall.
"Thank you" Me, Lachlan, Jerome and Louise walk down the hall, and stop at the 3rd door on the left. I turn the doorknob, and walk in. A nurse and a doctor was on each side of Ashley, and they looked up from their clipboards and looked at us. And Ashley, she was as pale as a sheet, and was all hooked up.
Why Ashley? Why her?
"How is she?" I asked nervously.
"Well, there are some good news, and there are some bad news" The doctor said. "The good news is, Ashley has a 95 percent chance of waking up."
"What's the bad news?"
"The bad news is, if she wakes up, she is in bad condition, so she will be put on strict bed rest"
"That's it?" I asked. "I thought it was something worse than that"
"Plus, you might want to get something to eat, or something. I'm sure she will be awake when you come back."
"Okay. Thank you doctor" I said before walking out. We all walked out of Ashley's room.
"Oh my god. That was too close" I breathed.
"Yeah. I thought something was going to be much worse" Jerome said.
"So did I"
"Well, maybe we should go downstairs and get some food" Lachlan said.
"Yeah. And we can catch up" Louise said. We walk back to the front of the building and to the cafeteria, where there is a little buffet of food waiting.
~
After we finished our food, we all threw away our trash and started to walk back to Ashley's hotel room.
"Mitch?" I heard a familiar voice say.
"Natalie"
Sorry ☺️
-
Today I went back on my period, and I'm not really in the best mood today 😕
-
But there is a sleepover tonight, so yay 😊
-
Sorry if this is a short chapter! The next chapter will be in a few days, so don't drop the bomb on me.
-
But remember, like if you enjoyed, and follow if you're new and would like to see more!
-
Also, leave your thoughts on this chapter down below! You can scream at me if you want. I'm ready 😎
-
And thanks for 8k reads! Sorry (again) if this was a bad repayment.
-
Keep calm and read on
-
~Nat 💕