Too Soon

Chapter 25

Ashley's POV

I pulled my hood over and head and went in the backyard of the Team Crafted house. I sat under the shade of the house and watch the rain hit the pool and make ripples. The rain falls on me and rolls down the hoodie that Mitch gave me.

"Why do these things always happen to me?" I think. I hear the door open but put my head down.

Why am I still here?

I feel the rain stop above me. I look up. Mitch is standing there holding an umbrella. He sits down next to me holding the umbrella above our heads. I'm still shivering from the cold.

"Mitch" I say.

"Yes?" He asks.

"Did you kiss Natalie?" I said looking at him.

"What? After everything she's done to you? I would never hurt you Ashley. You know that"

"But-"

"Ashley. You know I love you. Only you." He says pulling me a bit closer. "I would have to have a heart of darkness if I would kiss Natalie for real" I look up at him, moving wet hair out my face. "Ashley. You're shivering. You realize that you could die from the cold"

"I know" I say. Mitch helps me up and gets me inside. He wraps me in my favorite blanket from the house and he sets me down on the couch. He puts me in his lap and wraps his arm around my back.

"Mitch. You realize that Preston and Natalie are getting more powerful by the minute." I say.

"I know Ashley. I know. I am trying to take care of this"

"Mitch, with the condition my body is in, they could end up killing me by their hands"

"I know Ashley. Believe me, I am doing my best to fix all of this. And before your birthday as well."

"My birthday, that's right!"

"Don't tell me you forgot your own birthday Ashley"

"Maybe I did and maybe I didn't"

"And this is one of the reasons why I love you Ashley"

"I love you too Mitch"

"I love you more"

"I love you even more!"

"I love you the most"

"It's a fact that the girl loves the boy more." I say playfully.

"Says who?"

"Me! Just now!"

"Well, I would like to test that theory" He says pulling me closer. I press my lips to his and he does the same. Mitch pulls me close until presses my body to his. Our lips move in sync like how they always do. I wrap my arms around Mitch's neck and his hands move down slowly but surely. Mitch kisses my jawline where my bruise is. My body suddenly feels all warm and fuzzy. I don't know what this feeling is, but I just want more and more.

No Ashley. It's too soon.

I pull away from Mitch and he looks confused.

"Mitch, I'm sorry. It's just too soon. And I've been here for only about 9 days!" His eyes relax.

"Oh, okay. We can do the 'thing' whenever you're ready."

"Thank you Mitch. I will it you know" He smiles. "So, you're still a virgin?" I ask. His smile disappears.

"You heard that?" He says with worry.

"I heard you and Natalie's full conversation"

"Yes. I'm still a virgin"