Sparks

Chapter 5
Ashley's POV
As soon as Adam finished his announcement, everyone started to scramble around the house, I ran to the staircase which Jerome and Adam blocked up. I had to stay until everyone was gone and I wouldn't get trampled over. I was like 5'1 so I was kinda short. Someone started to climb over the barricade and I started to scoot back. It was only Preston so I started to relax.
"Hey little Miss Ashley" Preston said with a smile.
"Hey Preston" I said quietly.
"How have you been Ashley?" He asked as he sat down next to me, a little too close. But he's just probably being friendly.
"I've been, good. What about you?" I said trying to be polite.
"Good now that you're here" Preston said scooting closer. He had me pinned against the wall his lips near mine. My head was buzzing with nervousness. I loved Mitch not Preston!
"Ashley!" A voice screamed. Preston backed away from me and sat on the other side of the wall. A head popped out of the barricade. It was Mark. His head jerked back at Preston and he gave him a glare. Preston had an innocent look to Mark, Mark giving him an evil glare.
"Anyway, Ashley." Mark turned to me. "Mitch has been wanting to talk to you" Mitch wants to talk to me? I'm also thanking Mark from saving me from Preston. I like Preston as a good friend not as a boyfriend or as a lover.
"Oh, okay" I said. Mark helped me out of the barricade, away from Preston. I didn't know Preston actually felt this way about me but. I don't feel the same about him. Me and Mark started to weave through the crowd of people to the door to the backyard.
"You know," Mark said as he was opening the door, " Mitch has been planning this for you. The party was unexpected actually. Good luck Ashley, you both are PERFECT for each other" Mark said with a smile.
"Thanks Mark. I appreciate it" I said back to him. I opened the door and wanted to look back at Mark, but he was already gone. I looked around for Mark but couldn't find him. Looks like I'm on my own this time. I step outside, closing the door behind me. A big gust of cold winds hurled at me, sending chills up my body. I turned back to the door to get a hoodie or something I tried opening the door but it couldn't. I just wrapped my arms around myself trying to stay warm. Mark must have locked me out. So, I just started looking around for Mitch. I walked all around their giant backyard but nothing. I was starting to lose hope, maybe Mark was lying and was sorry for me and knew about my crush on Mitch. I just looked around again and finally found someone in a red plaid jacket and a mohawk. Mitch. I smiled and walked over to him.
"Hey Ashley" Mitch said a sly smile on his face.
"Hey Mitch" I replied, shaking from the cold.
"Are you cold Ash?"
"Freezing actually"
"Well here" He said taking his jacket off "I'm not letting you freeze to death" He said as he draped it around my arms.
"Thanks Mitch. And Ash? You've never called me that before."
"I don't know. Just wanted to give a new nickname for you"
"What was my original?"
"Poofy Penguin"
"Clever. So you wanted to talk to me?"
"Yes I did"
"Well, what's going on?"
"I just wanted to say, I've had feelings for you. Deep feelings. I am in love with you Ashley Surcombe. I have been ever since we met on Skype. I know that love can burn in flames or it can be for an infinity, but I would stand on top of the world to say your name. I am just in love with you" I can't believe this. Mitchell Hughes is in love with me, it's like a dream come true.
"I feel the same way about you. I have had a puppy crush on you when we met on Skype"
"So, will you make me a happy Benja and, be my girlfriend?" He said, intwining his fingers with mine. I must be dreaming, there was no way he has a crush on me. He might as well have a crush on Natalie. Natalie is just more skinnier, smarter, funnier and more prettier than me. But he likes me over Natalie. It was like a miracle. Mitch lifts me up in his strong arms and swings me around. I laugh until both our stomachs hurt and he lets me down gently only a few inches from his lips.
"I love you Ash" He said his Canadian accent flowing like silk. His arms were wrapped around my waist pulling me closer.
"I love you too Mitch" I said. And finally our lips pressed together. Not wildly, it was soft and gentle. My arms wrapped around his neck, still kissing him. It felt like hours, and hours. But we broke apart. A shocked look on Mitch's face.
"Whoa" He said still in shock. "This is what it's like to be kissed by the girl of your dreams huh?" He said, that sly smile on his face.
"Yeah. I never thought this would happen either" We both locked lips again. Staying like that. Me in his arms, him in mine kissing. This night became a dream come true. Once when we pulled away, he said
"I can feel it" he said.
"What?" I asked.
"The sparks" He said with a grin. My heart melted. I wrapped around Mitch his arms wrapped around me. It was just an hour of me and Mitch warm in the cold of night kissing and hugging. I would pick Mitch over Preston anyday of the week.
Natalie's POV
This wasn't happening. Mitchell Hughes, the man I have a hug crush on, has picked Ashley over me. I couldn't believe it. I was with Steve (mlgHWNT) but he found another girl when I was staying at the BAHM Lounge house. I was heartbroken and haven't recorded with him ever since. I met Mitch at PAX and fell for him instantly. When he introduced me to Ashley, how pretty she was and her stupid little British accent, I knew that it would win Mitch over. And I was right. I never wanted someone so much. Mitch was so handsome, sweet and just so perfect. I wasn't doing it for the fame. I just needed Mitch to be mine.