➖31➖

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Everyone was frozen right where they were standing. No one dared to talk nor move. I looked at Yoongi to see him lost in his mind. He observed her like he found something he was looking for a long time ago. They were looking at each other like they were challenging in starring contest. No one broke the eye-contact. I noticed Jin, Jimin, and Taehyung looking at me with an unknown look in their eyes. Like they were sorry or pitied me. Whatever it was, I hated it.

Her sudden warm voice broke the awkward silence, "How have you been?" He asked Yoongi.

"How are you alive?" He ignored her question. "Ah," She smiled, "I expected that question. I had to hide Yoongi. I never died." She got closer to him, "I missed you so much." She grabbed his hands in hers.

After a minute of silence, Yoongi suddenly pulled her into a tight hug, "I-I really thought I lost you. Do you know how hard it was for me?" I felt my heart clench. I never knew that this sight could kill me from inside until I felt it myself. Without noticing I felt tears building up in my eyes.

Without further ado, I left the situation and ran upstairs. Hot tears were streaming down my cheeks. It was her. Her. That painting. It was her. She was with Yoongi before. Why is she not dead?

I felt numbness take over my body. All I wanted was to sleep this away and wake up to a week ago, when everything was okay. I never was a jealous type, but it's different when it comes to him. Why? I don't know myself.

I may be selfish, but I want him all to myself. I maybe not a good example, but I want his eyes only on me. I may not be that good, but I want him to love only me.

"I'm so stupid." Tears brimmed in my eyes. I quickly got up and left the house through the back door to go to the garden, which I discovered a few days ago.

I sat on my usual bench, admiring the roses I love so much. They were dying due to drought. I'm not sure if someone waters them.

Tears were threatening to fall again, I hated it. To stop them I looked up to see the stars. It feels like they are always with me; through happiness, sorrow, heartbreak, and pain.

I felt a soft tap on my shoulder. It startled me, making me jump in my seat lightly. I looked back in hope for it to be crashed immediately. It was Baekhyun. I wished it to be someone particular.

"Hey.." Was all I heard from him.

"Hey.." I answered back, looking up back.

We fell into silence. No one spoke. But it was a comforting silence.

"Baekhyun?" I decided to ask anyway. "Hm?" He hummed in response.

"How this mating thing works?" I asked unsure, "Please, just answer without a sugar coating. I don't want to be judged." I added.

"I have no right to judge you, Jihye. So, a vampire mates once in its lifetime, there are some exceptions though. For example, when the mate dies, vampires' feelings still remain the same. If its mate died it can mate with someone else too. I don't know much about humans, because I never saw a vampire mating with a human being. That's why I was interested in you at first. But nothing can beat vampire-vampire bond." Everything he said beat me so hard to my face with reality. Nothing can ruin their bond.

"Do you need anything?" He asked softly. "You must be pitying me now." I chuckled.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me lightly, side-hugging me, "I would never. If you need anything or anyone to talk to, I'm here." I smiled at his words. I needed someone to listen and understand me. I gave in and hugged him back, supporting my head on his shoulder, muttering a small 'thank you'.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Huhuhuhuhu what the hell is happening. Anyways, thanks for the read :D