➖1➖

CHAPTER ONE

"Please wait for me, love

"Please wait for me, love."

HOLD ON.

Let's go from the very beginning, shall we?

*Ding*

I heard the doorbell ring.

"Strange, I don't expect anyone." Mumbling, I got up from the couch and opened the door, revealing the postman.

"Hi!" I greeted him friendly.

"Hello, Uhm, Miss.Park?" He asked, reading my name from the paper.

"Yes, that's me," I confirmed.

"I have a letter here for you. Please put your sign." He pointed at the empty space on the paper, which I filled with my signature.

"There you go. Have a nice day!" The man handed me the letter,
putting the paper away.

I smiled, "You too! Thank you." I closed the door and sat back on the couch.

"I didn't receive letters since forever." After muttering, I ripped the paper open.

Dear, Jihye.

It is your grandfather. How are you doing my child?

My health is not good these days. I'm assuming, I will not last long.

I'm asking your auntie Ally to write the letter for me.

So, let's get to the point. You are the only grandchild I love and have. I'm thankful to you for taking care of me over years. That is why I am leaving you my house and everything I own. Please, take care of it.

If you want any help, ask auntie Ally. She will help you. I love you, my dear child.

Best wishes,

-Grandpa.

I smiled with an uneasy feeling, trying to control the tears filling my eyes.

"Love you more, grandpa."

Grandpa used to visit me often and vice versa. I would always take care of him.

He lives in a small town, which is about 400km away from here.

Even if I leave this city I have nothing to lose. Not to mention, I'm renting an apartment, which I can't pay for in time.

I tried to find a job, but failed miserably. So I tried to long my stay by working in small places here and there.

The next day I started to pack my stuff, to realize that I almost don't have anything. Incredible how I managed to survive here.

Suddenly, a phone call distracted me from thoughts.

-Aunt Ally-

"Hi, auntie. Great to hear from you!"

"Hi Ji. So am I! Did you receive the letter?"

"Yeah, I did. I'm planning on moving out of my apartment soon."

"I'm calling you to say that your grandpa passed away this morning."

I felt my heart clench. I can't believe he's gone.

I let out a small whimper.

"O-Oh...I hope, at least it wasn't painful?"

"No sweetie. He is in peace right now. Call me when you will come, I'll greet you."

"Okay, auntie. Thanks.."

"Take care!"

"Yeah, you too."

With that, I hung up. I should've been there for him, for the last time.

Guilty. That's how I felt.

I remember him teaching me how to ride a bicycle.

I ended up crying back then.

I still remember his words.

"Everyone gets hurt, Jihye. You just have to be strong. Believe in yourself and you will achieve so much. I believe in you, my child."

"I hope you're really at peace." I sniffled while looking at his picture with a police uniform.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Sooooo first chapter is crappy. I'm sorry. I suck at beginnings >.<

<