➖3➖

CHAPTER THREE

"Hi! I would like to ask about the position of a waiter

"Hi! I would like to ask about the position of a waiter. Is it still available?"

"Yes, of course. You may come tomorrow at 9 am."

"Perfect!"

"May I know your name?"

"Park Jihye."

"Okay. I will be expecting you tomorrow then. Have a nice day!"

"Thank you."

After hanging up I heard a soft knock on my door.

"How is the job hunting going?" Auntie asked me.

"Okay. I already have an interview tomorrow." I smiled softly in response.

"Sounds great." She returned the grin, but it faded away slowly. Her soft curls falling to her face just beside her eyes.

"Is everything ready?" I asked, turning to her direction.

"Yes. Everyone is here. We'll be saying goodbye." She put the lock of her hair behind her ears.

"I'm scared. And nervous," I confessed, looking down to play with my fingers.

"Don't be. I'm sure grandpa will be looking after you." She assured me, now sitting beside me.

I nodded, "Let's go."

The funeral ended after a few hours. Since we don't have a lot of relatives, it wasn't so crowded. I failed to recognize half of the attendees.

Later that day, auntie started to pack.

"Do you really have to go back?" I whined, watching her pack while munching on an apple.

She chuckled "Of course! I have a family, who is waiting for me. I can't abandon them!"

"Hmph. And I'll be alone again." I said, taking a bite.

"Find a boyfriend already. You are beyond ready. How old are you? 20? 22?"

"I don't feel the need for a boyfriend, yet." She glared at me playfully, "Okay, maybe I do," Auntie shook her head and chuckled.

"But where do I find that boyfriend. If I couldn't find him for my 22 years of life, there's no guarantee that I can now." I looked at her frowning, after finishing the apple I was eating.

"If there is a thing called faith, you will, for sure. Firstly, try to find a friend here, you'll need them more. And with time everything will be settled down. It's my advice to you as a friend, not a relative." She sighed.

"I'll try."

"So, want to have one last movie night?" She smirked, knowing the answer.

"That would be great!" I grinned.