➖5➖

CHAPTER FIVE

"Jihye, please- don't leave me

"Jihye, please- don't leave me. I need you. You know I can't be without you.."

The alarm clock near my bed woke me up from my slumber. I sat up and tried to remember the dream I had. Was someone crying? This strange feeling again. Why am I being like this lately?

I groaned, rubbing my eyes, later on making my way to the bathroom.

I decided to eat my breakfast at work. Well, I work at a café, I should have some advantages.

//

"Hey, Jihye!"

"Hey, Taemin." I high-fived him.

"How are you feeling?"

"Great!" I smiled at him, putting on my apron.

"Hm. Good luck!"

"Thanks!" I returned the grin.

I was brewing coffee for myself. Later adding ice cubes to it. Perfect.

"Hi, Jihye!" I heard Jungkook behind me.

"Hey, Kook." I saluted to him with two fingers, sipping my coffee.

"Oh, I wanted to ask you yesterday. Who was that guy, that came for a coffee?" I asked, turning to him.

"Oh! He is my friend. We live together."

"Oh-uh. You're..."

"Gay?" He chuckled "No. If I live with men, it doesn't mean I'm gay."

"Right, sorry. I mean, it would totally be fine if you were gay, not like I'm judging or something. It's just, sorry if I sounded offensive." I blurted out, later scolding myself mentally. "Wait, you said 'men'?"

"Yeah, I have 6 friends. We all live together. You can say that we're one big family." He smiled at the thought of the guys.

"Yesterday, it was Taehyung."

Taehyung. We met at the supermarket, huh?

"I see. The customers are coming."  I pointed to the entrance.

"Right." He nodded, getting the message.

Through the day I got along with Jungkook pretty well. He told me more about his friends. How funny, supportive and cheerful they are. How they love and take care of each other. Hearing these, made my heart melt. I'm jealous of their friendship.

We were having a 10 minutes break. Jungkook and I were sitting on a bench outside the café.

"Okay, I'm ready to bet, that guy is single," I said, pointing to the random male.

"No way! He is handsome, no way he's single." He protested.

"Jungkook, being handsome doesn't mean taken. You should know."

"Fine, let's check." He said and stood up.

"How?" I said rather amused.

"I'll ask him."

"Okay. If you win, I'll clean up after work for you. Today is your turn." I made a bet, so confident with my thoughts.

"Okay, if you win, I'll buy you food."

"Deal! Oh my god." I shook his hand urgently and broke the connection with my other hand.

He walked up to the guy casually. I tried eavesdrop what they were talking about.

"Hi, I'm Jungkook. Just wanted to know if you're single or not." He asked, scratching the back of his head. That just sounds stupid. Why did he go straight into the question?

"Hey there! I'm Yugyeom. And yes, I'm totally single. Want to grab a drink together later?" The Yugyeom guy offered.

After hearing that, I snorted loud before laughing hysterically.

"Uhh, I can't. I'm busy. But it was nice meeting you." Jungkook excused himself and went back to me, who was dying on a bench, laughing.

"You just got hit on," I shrieked in laughter.

"Fine, I was wrong." He pouted.

"And-" I tried to say but ended up laughing again. Jungkook then began to laugh with me.

"Okay, stop!" He trued to shut me up, chuckling.

"I can't, oh my god. Woooh, I don't even remember the last time I laughed this hard." I said, calming down a bit. But ended up bursting out after 2 seconds.

"Jihye! Stop laughing already." He whined.

"I'm not laughing at you. The fact that you got hit on is just hilarious."

"Don't tell anyone, okay?"

"Okay, okay."

"Promise."

"I do," I said, laughing again.

"Oh, hi Yoongi!" He suddenly waved to someone.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

I'm NOT responsible for heart attacks

I'm NOT responsible for heart attacks. Thank you.