➖4➖

CHAPTER FOUR

Café

"Hello?" I called out, knocking the door of the coffee shop softly

"Hi! You must be Jihye. I'm the administrator." A man, about my age, greeted me.

"Yes. Nice to meet you..uh" I stopped, indicating for him to continue my sentence.

"You can call me Taemin." He smiled. I looked through his features briefly.

"I will show you the basics. Follow me." He started to walk.

"This is your apron." He handed me the fabric, "Here you make coffee. Watch closely. Firstly, pull this down and place it here, tapping this button later on. Wait for about thirty seconds. And it's ready! Fresh brewed coffee, for you." He handed me the drink. Smooth.

"I prefer iced coffee, but thanks." I chuckled

Later, Taemin showed me other necessary things, so I can serve the clients.

"Hope I explained everything. Oh, and good luck on your first day," He winked at me.

I chuckled, "Thank you."

So, here it goes.

"Uh, hi!" I heard someone say behind me.

I turned around quickly, "Oh, hi! You scared me."

"Sorry, didn't mean to. Nice to meet you. I'm Jungkook. We'll be working together, I guess." He looked at me with doe eyes. Why everyone in this town is so handsome? I should've moved here earlier.

"Pleasure, I'm Jihye." I introduced myself.

"Good luck on your first day." He went to change his clothes.

"Thanks."

People were coming in and going out of the coffee shop nonstop. Some girls tried to flirt with Jungkook. But he immediately turned them down. Poor girls.

"I'll excuse myself for 5 minutes Jihye," Jungkook said, I nodded in response.

"Hi! May I take your order?" I looked up to the customer.

"Oh, you're- uh, nevermind. Your order?" I swear to god, he is that guy from the mini-market yesterday. But now instead of blue, dark brown irises were staring right at me.

"Iced americano to go, please." He ordered, picking out a leather wallet from his coat pocket.

"Okay."

I served him his beverage and he was about to leave.

"Hey!" I heard Jungkook shout. They know each other?

"Hi, Jungkook. I got my coffee, I'll be going."

"Oh, okay. See you at home, then!" But the other guy leaned and whispered something to Jungkook, making him gasp.

"Thanks, bro. Bye!" He closed his left eye with his palm and ran away.

"Bye." He waved at my direction and left.

"Bye.." I trailed off.

After a few minutes Jungkook came back.

"Hey, Jungkook?"

"Yeah?" He started to wipe the empty table.

"Why are your eyes purple?" I asked, slightly amused.

"Ohh," He chuckled, "Those are lenses. I like to wear them sometimes."

"Oh, really?" Due to unknown reasons, I'm not convinced at all.

\\

The working hours were over, so I was packing to go home. As a first day, it was surprisingly good.

"Oh, Jihye! Are you heading home?" Taemin approached me.

"Yeah." I smiled.

"Do you mind a drive? It's slightly chilly outside."

"Thanks, of course I wouldn't." I agreed happily. I must admit, he is really friendly and humble. I'm glad for any friend at this point.

We enjoyed the silent car ride while listening to the radio.

Arriving, I climbed out of the car.

"Thank you for the drive." I communicated with him through the window of the passenger seat.

"You're welcome." He smiled.

"Can I have your number. Well- in case something happens." He panicked a little, scratching his neck.

"Sure." I took his phone and saved my number.

"See you tomorrow." I climbed out of the car.

"See you."

I looked for the keys in my bag, "Here you are."

I opened the door and was about to enter, but a weird feeling of someone watching stopped me.

Looking around, I shrugged the thought and entered the house.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Let me die in peace omg😭