New Year, Same Family

It's early in the morning as Doug lays in bed awake. His wife is already downstairs in her nightgown making breakfast when he suddenly hears her begin to yell and cuss explicitly. He can only assume she is cussing because of how fast she's speaking her native language at a rate he could never hope to keep up with. Katya slips into the bed room and hops in the bed next to her Father pulling the sheets over her self. Doug raises an eyebrow and asks "what happened?" Katya says "I forgot to take Michael out last night so he's shit on the kitchen floor and from what I could hear Mama stepped in it." Doug says "just say he's got a stomach bug or something like that. That'll make you take many a dumps." Katya says "that sounds logical I guess." Doug winks "save your ass hopefully and I mean literally too." Katya nods knowing all to well the sting of one of her Mother's spankings. Sasha yells upstairs "Katya Izabelle Batson! Come take this damn dog outside now!" Katya sighs "wish me luck." Doug says "you got it." Katya hurries downstairs and takes her bulldog outside under the glare of her Mother. Sasha asks "did you forget to take him out or what?" Katya says "he's got a stomach bug I think." Sasha says "hm." She doesn't buy it at first but then the bulldog comes to the front porch and hacks up some weeds and grass he ate. Sasha's becomes more sympathetic to the bulldog now and kneels down petting him. "I'm sorry I yelled at you. I didn't know you were sick." Doug sticks his head out the window "you apologize to the damn dog way faster than your own husband." Sasha seethes and says "shut up! Idiot!" Doug laughs and closes the screen door. Katya says "Mama you know he says stuff just to set you off right?" Sasha says "I have been married to him longer than you've been alive. Yes I know. I also know I purposely handle his guns and leave my fingerprints all over them without cleaning them off. It pisses him off each time. That's why I also clean the barn so he has to ask me where I put stuff." She winks and Katya shakes her head "what is wrong with you two?" Sasha smirks "this is what you have to look forward to sweetie. I suggest figuring out ways to get under Michael's skin because he will eventually start getting on your nerves too." Katya says "he does already." Sasha says "my point is proven." Doug again sticks his head out the door "take her advice it's top notch." Sasha says "will you shut up!? Stop listening in on us!" Doug says "will you finish breakfast?" Sasha blinks once and Doug immediately heads back inside. Sasha says "I swear to God I will soak your precious revolver in salt water if you keep pissing me off!" Doug yells "you do that and I throw your precious red bottom heels in the damn fireplace!" Sasha sits down in the rocking chair "I want to strangle him." Doug says "ahhh you gave up!" Sasha yells "shut up dumbass! I will just hit you instead!" Doug says "what else is new?" She gets up and heads inside to finish breakfast as Doug sits at the table drinking his coffee. Sasha says "you are such a horses ass." Doug spits his coffee laughing. Doug says "ah shit it went through my nose! Damn!" Sasha laughs hysterically at him as he grabs a roll of paper towels to clean up the mess. All three Batson children and the dog are at the kitchen entrance staring at the couple not sure if they're fighting, having fun, or doing both. Katya says "Caroline must have put something in their drinks." Little Doug says "no, this is just them. I've heard enough stories from Aunt Ana." Caroline shoves her self between Katya and Little Doug "Here's Caroline!" All three Batson siblings say in unison "shut up Caroline." Caroline rolls her eyes "wow I'm so heartbroken I think I'll cry." Sasha looks over and says "shouldn't you be home?" Caroline says "Mom isn't up yet, Michael isn't up yet and I'm hungry. This will be breakfast number one and I will have breakfast number 2 in an hour or so."
Doug simply shakes his head "and you're still skinny somehow." Caroline says "believe me I work it off." Doug says "believe me we know." They all sit down and have breakfast after Doug says a morning prayer. Afterwards the kids take off leaving Doug and Sasha at the table sipping on their coffee. The phone rings making Sasha raise her eyebrows as she gets up. She answers it in the office and then comes back out to Doug "it's an inspector from the Georgia Department of Agriculture asking if they can come survey the farm for pests and disease." Doug says "I don't have a problem with it. Tell them the gates are unlocked but to please keep them closed. Sasha nods and gives the answer to the surveyor on the phone. She hangs up and sits back down. She says "I don't think those State workers actually do anything." Doug laughs and simply shakes his head "darling don't be so harsh." Sasha says "all they do is make a mess on the land." Doug says "like I said I don't care as long as they keep the gates closes and don't trash the place. If they do find something I missed I can get it taken care of in time." Sasha nods "alright then." Doug takes her hand and kisses it. "I love you sweetie." Sasha half smiles "I love you too." Doug says "you want to help me gather up the cattle for the vet to come do pregnancy checks?" Sasha says "oh fun." Doug smirks "those cows are more afraid of you than me." Sasha rolls her eyes "you just want me to open the damn gate for you to drive the truck through." Doug smirks "yes that's one job I'll need you to do but I need help seriously." Sasha sighs "fine, as you wish."