Repairs Needed

Doug heads outside walking out into the barn deciding to sharpen the blades on the bush hog. He gets down on the barn floor removing the blades and using a pedestal grinder he sharpens each one as sparks fly everywhere some burning his face as they hit him occasionally. He pushes up his safety glasses to inspect the blade then puts them back on working more with the grinder. He reinstalls the blades and then finds an area on the bush hog that has rusted through and could be dangerous allowing a rock or something to be flung out through it. He walks outside giving Travis his duties and then gets in his truck headed to the metal shop to get a piece of sheet metal. He heads back to the barn with the sheet metal cutting it down to size with a grinder then taking the piece and walks over to the bush hot clamping it down with welding pliers. He then sets up his welding machine and dawning his father's old welding helmet goes to work welding the piece on. He finishes and lifts the welding hood up to inspect his work. He turns seeing Sasha standing there with a half smile. Doug says "please tell me you were not looking at the light while I welded." Sasha makes a face and says "don't worry I know all about that I grew up around hardworking people." Doug sighs and Sasha smiles "I never knew you could weld." Doug says "I worked for a time at my cousin's shop back home and I learned there." Sasha says "well come on I have lunch waiting." Doug sets his tools and the welding rod aside and as he does so he inadvertently slices his hand on the scrap metal he cut off with the grinder. He cusses over and over making Sasha turn around and she gasps seeing blood running down his hand and on his arm as he holds it up looking at the wound. She grabs his hand pulling it down and looks it over as his blood seeps onto her hand. She looks around then says "hand me that rag." So he gives it to her and she wraps it up tight. Doug says "great another trip to the hospital." Sasha says "I can stitch it up my self. Come." She takes him inside and Ana says "oh my what happened?" Doug says "just apart of this lifestyle and type of work." Sasha says "it's called being careless and over confident in your work." Ana shakes her head and Doug sighs as she unwraps it and washes it off in the sink then he sits down at the table while she rushes up stairs then back down with her first aid kit. Ana watches as she eats her lunch while Sasha disinfects the cut then stitches him back up a little bit at a time. Ana says "I'm curious to know where you learned to do that." Sasha says "we couldn't afford hospital visits or doctor visits many times so we had to fix our selves growing up. I've stitched my self up plenty of times even when I served as a sniper and a spy." Doug says "now you're my personal nurse." She sighs "yes I am I've fixed you up more times than I can count." Doug says "where are the kids?" Ana says "in the living room playing like always." Doug nods and Sasha keeps working until the cut is stitched up. Her fingers are bloody but she smiles and kisses Doug on the forehead. She walks over to the sink to wash off and says "maybe next time you'll be more careful." Doug says "yes dear." Ana smirks as she watches Sasha come up behind Doug and pop the back of his neck with a wet paper towel. Doug spanks Sasha as she walks past him making her squeak then glare at him although she's faking her glare this time. He eats the turkey sandwich she gave him then he hears a crash in the living room. Ana immediately leaps up and rushes in there. She gasps and Doug walks in there with Sasha shoving him aside to get in there who then also gasps. They look to find the TV on the floor shattered and broken while Caroline sits on the TV stand. Ana says "Caroline my God!" Sasha takes a picture of the mess and baby Caroline with a half smile. "Well at least nobody is hurt." Ana says "I'm so sorry please I'll buy you another television." Doug says "no need we'll just watch your TV until we get another." Doug looks around seeing Michael looking at the Batson twins curiously. A ball hits him on the head and little Michael turns finding Katya who throws another this one hitting him in the nose. He throws it back at her the two of them getting into a bit of a fight. Sasha says "stop it!" She grabs Katya spanking her. Doug says "the kids are wound up today that's for sure." He feels a small finger poke his freshly stitched cut and he looks seeing Michael staring at it then up at him. Doug says "you like my battle scar? I have more." He points to his cheek the cut he got when shrapnel entered the cockpit of his F-22 after shooting down the Golden Eagle. Ana says "don't give him any ideas now." Doug says "who says I'm giving him any ideas? He'll turn out like his father I'm sure." Ana sighs "and that's why he didn't want them knowing who we really was. Just a cook in the Marines nothing more." Doug says "only time will tell." He says "alright ladies holler if you need me I'll be outside." Sasha points at him and stands firm "BE CAREFUL." Doug says "yes sweetheart jeeze." Sasha just makes a face at him so he sticks his tounge out and she does it back. Ana laughs and says "you two are something else." He goes to walk out and Sasha says "ahem!" Doug says "what now?" She folds her arms and says "no kiss or thank you for sowing you up?" He walks over and grabs hold of her kissing her hard then says "Love you, thanks." She smiles "I love you too and you're welcome." He walks outside and gets on his horse Duke riding out in the pasture checking on his small herd of cattle and checking fence lines marking spots in need of repairs.