Date Night

After a few days pass Sasha finally comes around the cold and fever going away. Doug comes up with the idea of taking Sasha out on a date like they used to do years ago. It isn't an anniversary or any kind of special day Doug wanting her to be taken off guard. After the day is done he walks around behind the barn cutting the flowers he has planted back there and ties them together in a make shift boquet. Katya meets her Father behind the barn "she's in the office Doug and Willie are keeping her from the kitchen." Doug says "alright, now what are you kids doing for dinner because you know that's the first question she'll ask." Katya grins "I ordered pizza." Doug smirks "I wonder why do you love that so much?" She shrugs and they head inside. He rounds the corner heading to the office hearing her laughing as the boys talk. He enters the office and Doug says "Sasha my dear." She turns around in the computer chair lowering her glasses "what do you want? Oh." Doug hands her the flowers "will you accompany me on a date?" She raises an eyebrow "what now?" Doug grins "why not? You deserve it. Just you and I." Sasha asks "what about the kids?" Katya grins "I ordered pizza for all of us. Go Mama really you and Daddy deserve an evening to your selves." Sasha takes the flowers and smells them smiling. "Oh alright if you insist." She stands up and kisses Doug "you don't mind waiting for me do you?" Doug kisses her hand "no of course not. Take your time." The boys both have their faces covered and Doug says "don't cover your faces you pay attention. This is how you treat your lady." Sasha just smiles at her sons then looks at Katya "want to help me?" Katya says "of course!" She follows her Mother upstairs and little Doug says "you know she's gonna take forever right?" Doug says "son if there's one thing you'd better learn it's patience. Period. Trust me its a very valuable thing to have with your lady and life in general." Mike and Travis walk inside and Mike says "everything's finished for today. You want to hit the sports bar with us?" Travis grins and Doug says "gentlemen I'd love to but I've already told my wife I'm taking her on a date." Mike rolls his eyes and mocks Doug "Gentlemen I'd love to but my wife is making me pamper her! Blah blah blah!" Travis and Doug's sons fall out laughing and Doug folds his arms with a smile "go ahead and say what you want to now when you finally get caught up with a woman it's on." They shake hands and Travis says "see you in the morning." Doug nods "yup, y'all don't get into too much trouble." Mike says "you'll bail us out won't ya Staff?" Doug smirks "I haven't been called that in years, but of course." They smirk and Doug says "alright go on and get out of here." They head out and Doug sits in the living room with his boys. An hour passes and Willie asks "Uh Daddy?" Doug says "yeah?" Willie says "shouldn't you change into something nicer too?" Doug looks him self over in his stained work jeans and scuffed up boots. Doug looks at his son "I knew you were good for something." Doug gets up and ruffles Willie's hair heading upstairs. He finds their bathroom is preoccupied with Katya doing her Mother's hair and makeup. Doug simply pulls out his best pair of jeans, a light blue button up shirt and his black boots that he takes a few minutes to polish. He changes into those clothes then puts on a gray sport coat and tops it off with his black hat. He nods and winks to him self in the mirror then goes to the guest bathroom to freshen up before he goes back to the living room. Little Doug says "that was fast." Doug smirks "I could have easily waited another 30 minutes to an hour buddy." Another hour passes and The pizza Katya ordered arrives so Doug gets up answering the door paying the delivery driver. "Keep the change." The young boy nods "thanks y'all have a good evening!" Doug says "you too." Doug sets the pizzas in the kitchen. When he walks into the hall Katya is standing at the stairs grinning "May I present to you, your gorgeous date." Sasha comes down the stairs and stops halfway letting Doug look her over in her blue dress, matching high heels, sapphire ear rings, red nails, red lips, and her blonde hair neatly put up in a bun. Sasha asks "well what do you think Dougie?" Doug walks over putting his hat over his heart and his left hand on the knob where the stair rail ends. "You are the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes upon. You really are one of God's greatest gifts." Sasha just half smiles and says "I no longer have the title of the most beautiful woman anymore." She looks at her daughter "she is now. You and her obviously planned this." Doug smiles and hugs Katya on the side kissing her head "yes we did." Katya just smiles then she pushes her self away "alright, go have fun my pizza is getting cold." Sasha laughs and Doug says "use the microwave." Doug takes her by the arm and Sasha picks up her purse. She looks into the living room "be good my loves." She blows a kiss to each of her boys acting giddy and they say "we will Mama." Doug holds the door open and follows her outside taking her by the arm again walking towards his blue Ford truck. Sasha leans into him as they walk. He opens the passenger door and Sasha says "I'm impressed this truck is actually clean." Doug just smiles and she smiles back as he shuts the door. He gets in but before he starts it up Sasha grabs him by the arm. He turns to look at her and is met with a surprise kiss. He kisses her back and Sasha sits back smiling "my turn to catch you off guard." Doug just smiles stupidly and Sasha grins "oh how I've missed that stupid smile!" Doug cranks up the truck the old Ford rumbling to life once more and he says "I just wanted to do something special. I know it wasn't fun being sick." Sasha takes his hand holding it "it wasn't and I'm sorry for being so mean." Doug says "don't be, I probably deserved it." Sasha says "maybe so but I still feel bad now." Doug chuckles and she sighs squeezing his hand "but seriously this is so sweet of you." Doug takes his hand for a minute putting the truck in drive then takes her hand again holding it and he drives with his left hand. He kisses her hand and says "anything for my Queen." Sasha asks "so where are we headed?" Doug half smiles "you'll see soon enough my love." Sasha says "very well then, drive."