Mistletoe [Treebros]

Connor was not happy. Not only was his mother hosting some stupid Christmas party at his house, but there was mistletoe hanging everywhere. He hated the plant. He had so many bad memories associated with it that he refused to allow it in his presence. Considering nobody was attempting to talk to him, thank god for his death glare, he decided to do something productive with his time.

"Are you- Are you pulling down mistletoe?" Zoe asked. Connor froze for a moment before continued with his mission.

"Yes, I am." He said, dumping the offending plant into the compost. Zoe arched a brow.

"Uh, why?"

"I'm not kissing anyone," said Connor. "Besides, I doubt anyone wants to kiss me."

Zoe snorted at that. "Well, at least leave one up for the rest of us. You can just avoid that door."

Connor grumbled but listened. He spent the rest of the Christmas party in a corner, munching on snacks. He was tempted to pull out his phone and play games on it, but the warning glare from mother had stopped him. He sighed and curled his fingers are his cup. This was so boring.

He emptied his plate and frowned. He pushed off the wall and went to get more food from the kitchen. He walked through the doorway and smacked into someone.

"Fuck!" He cursed, stumbling back slightly.

"Sorry!" A panicked voice said. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going, I didn't mean to bump into you. Sorry!"

Connor rubbed his chest. "It's fine Evan." He said. "I wasn't looking either."

Evan gave him a nervous smile. They stood for a moment before both tried to go to the right. They froze, laughed awkwardly.

"Um, s-sorry." Evan stuttered, face red.

"It's fine," Connor repeated, his own face feeling warm. Truth be told, he'd been harboring a small crush on Evan for a few months now. They were sort of friends. Occasionally, they hung out at lunch and they texted. Evan was just so sweet and cute, it was hard not to fall a little in love with him.

"Would you look at that."

Connor stiffened. He turned his head and scowled slightly at the sight of Jared Kleinman. For a reason unknown to Connor, Jared and Evan were quite close. Heaven knows why considering how fucking annoying and infuriating Jared was.

"Wh-what?" Evan asked. Jared only grinned and pointed up. With dread, Connor looked up and saw the innocent mistletoe hanging above their heads.

"Oh goddammit," Connor mumbled under his breath.

"We, we don't um, we don't have to?" Evan said. Connor shrugged, ignoring how hard his heart was beating. He bent down and quickly pecked Evan's lips.

He pulled away and could feel the heat coming from his neck.

"I'll, uh, I'll see you later." He said and made a hasty escape. As he walked away, his fingers touched his lips and a silly little smile spread across his face.

He failed to notice the same smile on Evan's face.